Need TCS magic vibes

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cousin, Vitor Meira, is an Indy driver, and this weekend he is going to be racing on Indy 500... He was 2nd place on Indy 500 last year, but he has since changed teams, so he is very nervous about this race...
I know this might be futile, but can you spare some vibes and prayers for him to not crash, and finish the race? This is a dangerous job, but he LOVES it, so we are all supportive of him...
I am going to be there for the fun - I went last year, and we had a GREAT time! It helps to have VIP tickets too
Thanks for the vibes and prayers; if you like the race, watch him!! He is #14.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! I'm off this weekend so I will tune in! I feel like part of a six degrees of separation! I know you (sort of!) and you are related to an Indy Car Driver!

I'm sending him out lots of be safe and win vibes!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Goodness!...
I figured his anxious a day before!

Do you know?...I´m fan of F-1...my favourite Team is Ferrari,...this year they don´t do it well...
and maybe next year can´t participate by the top of the budget autorizate...

Many good vibes for your cousin...
.........and of course tons of Good luck!..

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am totally not a car racing person, but of course I'll send your cousin vibes!
That's very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be sending vibes!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes... He actually needs more vibes now...
He had a very bad accident, and broke 2 vertebrae on his lower back. He is going to have surgery tomorrow. The good news is that his spinal cord was not affected - the doctors said he was very lucky... He will not be able to race at least until next year... he is devastated...
Please keep sending vibes for a successful surgery, and speedy recovery -

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

I am so sorry to hear that. I just read that he does not need surgery, perhaps his condition was updated?
Up to late tonight, he was still going to need surgery, unless the condition improved tomorrow. But this is tomorrow, only tomorrow we will know for sure. I was on the phone with his wife until a couple of hours ago.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, I am SO sorry. I was wondering how things went and went looking for the thread - and there it was, right up there on the page. Sending LOTS AND LOTS of vibes to your cousin! I'm so glad it wasn't worse - but it's really one of those "silver lining" things, and I'm just sorry there was an accident and injuries at all.

Please keep us posted.

Laurie