Nicknames anyone?

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was recently thinking how silly we are in my house about our cats' names. We have 6 cats currently - 2 sister calicos - Roxie and Amber, a black female named Salem, our grown son's 2 grey cats - Oliver and Seven, and now Butterscotch who we are fostering.

The thing is... they are usually called names other than their "real" ones.

Roxie is Roxiedo, Rox, or Roxidale

Amber is Ambi by me, Mambi by my husband, and/or boneybutt, "skin and bones"

Salem is called Lemmie by me - Lem from saLEM, and Weenie by my husband! Why Weenie you ask??? Because she is a black cat, therefore a "Halloween" cat, therefore WEENIE!

Oliver is called Ollie by our son, and Wallie by my husband!

Seven is just Seven!
My son named her that because when she found us as a little kitten on our deck on a very cold February night a few years ago, she was the seventh cat we were feeding at the time - it just fit!

And Butterscotch is called Butterhead by my husband (?), and Butters by my son - said it's a cartoon character's name? Sometimes I call him Butterscotchie.

So what creative names do you call your cats?

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a good thread for me tonight as I'm really having a difficult time emotionally...

That being said, I don't think the nicknames I have for my kitties are particularly interesting or creative. But, here they are nonetheless

Cassidy is usually either called Cass or Cassie although I'll occasionally refer to her as Cassius Clay.

Delaney is called Lane, Laney, Dell, or Delanoe. But she's also known as my little demon-D.

Both cats are commonly referred to as the Cattens as well. My roommate coined the phrase and it's just stuck. So, sometimes, I'll call them Miss Cassidy Catten and Miss Delaney Catten. Lame, I know

I can't wait to see what some of your other cat-lovers have come up with in terms of nicknames. I'm sure we're a very creative bunch -- even if I'm not!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My normal nicks for Maggie are:
Maggie Moo, Moo-moo and baby cat. (She's a bi-color grey/white and back markings like a cow lol)

Last week I noticed a piece of poopy stuck on her back end fur and I was talking to her while cutting it out. I called her a poopy-toop and she acted all silly. I've been saying it to her now and then since and she seems to love that name. Every time she hears it she acts like a crazy kitten. It's so strange

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, for one of my cats, his nickname turned into his name. When I took him in, he was Scrappy but I don't like that name. But he was so sweet, I started calling him Sweet Pea (hence, my 'nickname'). And then it turned into Schweppie (pronounced 'Sh-wih-pee') because he's just so cute. But I also call him 'my man' or 'Schweppie meppie' or 'Schwepps'

My kitten was called Dolce at the humane society but it didn't really suit him. So I at first called him Baby but I found I started calling him 'My little guy' all the time so that's his name now.

Kiri, my dog, I call 'kirilicious', 'Lish', 'my Lish' 'Kiwi fruit', 'Kir' or 'little white dog' (when she's being naughty).

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My names are not creative! but everyone cracks up when they hear me call them by thier nicknames

Princess is Pretty Pretty Princess
Nemo is Neeners
Trouble is Troubly Bubbly
Mischeif is Mister Mischeif
Itty Bitty Is Itty Bitty girl
Dolce' is Poot Toot

Very original huh?????

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speck is Baby Kitty, Peck, Pex, SPX, Bay (for Baby Kitty...a nickname for a nickname) and please don't take this the wrong way...Pecker (or Pecker Bear.)

Daisy is the Raisen (because I saw a cat on Petfinder that looked like her by that name.) I'm sure the real Raisen is much sweeter, though.

Siamus is Siamie (because the first time DH took her to the vet, he was embarrassed to tell them her name was Siamus
.) She is also Persimmon, Potato, or Sweet Potato...or Sweet Potato Pancake. Or she is Rolly, because if you sing the theme from Rawhide (Only our version is Rolly, Rolly, Rolly...) she lays down and starts flopping around in the floor like a catfish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These names are great! Keep 'em coming, because I, like Alison Joy, am having a difficult time right now and the names gave me a chuckle.

I've been writing about Butterscotch in the health forum, and I just spoke with the vet's office and the woman who runs the organization that is taking care of him, and it seems pretty likely that we will have to euthanize him very soon. I'll be writing more about it in that thread.

OOOPS - I forgot about 2 more names we have for Oliver...
I call him Owliver sometimes, and my husband calls him Wallieburger!

sinbadsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Love reading all the nicknames!

Sinbad was also called Blue Eyes and sometimes Ms. Sinbad (Sinbad was a female cat; I'd been told the little white kitten I wanted to adopt was male and asked to name "him" weeks before "he" could be brought home, so the momcat's owners' kids could use the name when playing with the kitten).

Tiger was sometimes Tigger, or Silly, or Wiggleworm.

Frosty was Punkin or Princess.

And all three of them often had "paws" added to their names, like a feline version of a Japanese honorific. This had started when a niece of mine who's grown now was little; I'd started calling them that to amuse her. Those nicknames stuck, so they were often Tiger-paws, Frosty-paws, and Sinbad-paws. Frosty was sometimes Frosty-paws Baby-paws.

All three are at the Bridge now (Frosty crossed over last August, when she was 16 years and 10 months old), and I miss them.

I have another kitty, a feral kitten, an orange tabby with white mittens and socks, rescued from my sister's farm after his momcat abandoned him. He's ten months old now, and he has lots of nicknames. Captain Rusty. Action Cat, and Supercat, for when he's being particularly athletic. Rusty-paws (of course).

Though there are probably some days he thinks his nicknames include Incorrigible and NoRusty.

sinbadsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LynneNY

I've been writing about Butterscotch in the health forum, and I just spoke with the vet's office and the woman who runs the organization that is taking care of him, and it seems pretty likely that we will have to euthanize him very soon. I'll be writing more about it in that thread.
{{{{{{{{{{Lynne}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry about Butterscotch.

Hugs,

Cindy

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LynneNY

These names are great! Keep 'em coming, because I, like Alison Joy, am having a difficult time right now and the names gave me a chuckle.

I am so sorry about "Butters!"

I call Butzie "Butzala", which is the German form of endearment for a name since Butzie is already a term of endearment. I also call her ButzieWutzie which just rhymes and BTW, they also rhyme with footsie and tootsie.

scof0elife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I named my first cat Angel. She was hiding in my friends engine and heard a cat meow when she got in the car. We called her Angel because one: she didn't get hurt and two: my friend worked at a pet hospital at the time. So that's how we came up with the name.

My second cat we named her Nica, which is the first two letters of my name and the first 2 letters of my girlfriends name.

My third and last cat's name is Simba, because he looks like Simba heehee.

diggerled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My wife named our 1st cat Sasha when he showed up at our back door. I don't like that name so I always called him Bud.
Our 2nd cat showed up about two weeks ago. I trapped the wild boy and had him neutered yesterday. I texted my wife at work and told her his name is Marlow. If she don't like it she can call him whatever SHE wants to.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got lots for my boys!

Luke: Baby Luke, Lucas (when he's in trouble,
), Handsome Man
Harvey: Harvey Munchkin, Harv, Velcro (he follows me everywhere)
Danny: Danners, Danny Doo, Bullfrog (he's got a very loud, deep pur)

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I call Oliver Ollie sometimes, Dave's mom calls her Olivia on paperwork (all her spay and shots say Olivia) because she thinks Oliver isn't a girls name.

Milo is called LoLo by just about everyone in the house. He's my LoLo boy.

Sometimes I call Shadow Baby, which was her name before David adopted her. She follows him everywhere, thus the name Shadow.

---

Poor little balding kitten we've been on an emotional rollercoaster with has changed names more times... Baldie, Devon, Zeta, Muttface, CatWoman, Ertha... I still call her Devy.

Dave's mom has a trio of Black cats, believed to have been brothers who were called Tom, Dick and Harry. Dick is now called Limpy because he has neurological issues that cause him to loose his ability to walk at times, which isn't much to begin with. Harry is Ho-Hum for reasons unbeknown to me.

Mittens is now Tubby because she's close to maybe 25lbs.

Jack, the family mutt is often called BigHead. We know for sure his mother was pure chow but he looks like a newfoundland mix with a border collie.

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am REALLY LOVING all these nicknames!
Thanks so much for sharing them all, everyone!

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nicknames.

Whodah became Hoots, Hoodie or my "Who down in Whoville".

Binky became, "Rinky Binky Doodle scooter".

Pixie became, "Pixie pie dust".

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh yes!

Princess is: princy, poncy, miss america, i also like to greet her "hey girl" or "hey lil girl!"

Nipper is: nip-nip, nip, nipper-f**ker, my gentle giant, handsome....

Sabastian is: Bastian, fatty, sir-fats-alot, sa

im sure theres more im just not thinking of!

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our family pet Midori is usually referred to as 'Squeaky' or 'Squeaky Kitty' on account of the sounds she makes.

My younder brother who thinks she doesn't hold a candle to our former ferocious hunting lion Gracie
RIP, referred to Midori as the 'seven-toed sloth'. She also has been referred to as the 'lounge lion' and 'sofa sphynx'. No explanation necessary...

My cat Aya is on occassion called 'bitey kitty' 'crazy kitty' 'destructo kitty' or simply 'The Shredder'.

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the name Midori - it's my favorite drink!!! Have you ever had a midori colada??? So refreshing in the summertime and tastes just like drinking a honeydew melon!