Kitten naming

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if kittens can have the same name as a cat already registered? I wanted to name the mau baby I am keeping Safiya, so I did a search and found that there are already a few registered Safiya's out there. I understand that my kitten would be:

Catteryname Safiya of Catteryname

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as the kitten name is not already taken by the breeder or owner's cattery you can duplicate it.

I was trying to figure out a cute boy name for a lavender-silver Oci for in the future - LONGGGGGGGGG future according to my hubby. I happened to find the name Zanzibar and thought that sounded cool.

Another Oci breeder just told me she knew of an Oci named Zanzibar and he could not stand him.....lol but it would not be from the same cattery, so if I wanted, I'm sure I could use the name.

I also know there are a lot of Cpt Jack Sparrows out there in many breeds (even a HHP), but only one Jack Sparrow in my breeder's cattery, so its ok - I had to be sure she never used it before.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the main reasons I name my cats with Malay words is because I don't want many to copy me
I'd like to think I stand alone and unique (hahaha
)

But, what GK said is true, as long as the same cattery has not used the name before all should be well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So they are all named now:

Mautrix Altaira (Arabic for high flying bird)
Mautrix Safiya of Azshara (Arabic for pure)
Mautrix Eshe (Egyptian for life)
Mautrix Zahra (Egyptian for flower)

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

So they are all named now:

Mautrix Altaira (Arabic for high flying bird)
Mautrix Safiya of Azshara (Arabic for pure)
Mautrix Eshe (Egyptian for life)
Mautrix Zahra (Egyptian for flower)
Those are some really nice names!