I got that terrible pain again and went to Er

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That pain I get came again and was so bad last night.
I went to Er and got a lot of blood tests and a urine test.
I also got some pain and nasea meds but I still threw up.
This is that bad pain I get sometimes.
I also got a EKG and xrays.
thursday i have to get a gall bladder ultrasound.
I told the other dr before I thought it was gall bladder pain but she did not listen.
The er dr said it is.
Anyone have a gall bladder ultrsound before?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww Jacky, I'm sorry you are in pain.

I hope they can figure it out with the u/s on Thurs.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacky, I'm sorry you're having pains. My mom had gall stone surgery recently (she had her gall bladder removed as well), but she was very lucky to not experience pain. She did feel nauseated, especially after eating. I'm pretty sure she had to have an ultrasound, so I'll ask her about it.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had my gallbladder out 20 years ago when I was still in my early 30s. They did an ultrasound and at least for me was definitive. The stones showed up very clearly. The ultrasound is no big deal, no discomfort involved. I had mine out a year before surgeons in my area started doing the laproscope procedure. Even though I had the old fashioned surgery with the large incision it was worth it. I felt so much better, I didn't realize that I really didn't feel right all the time until I had it done.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a gall bladder u/s recently - it didn't take too long, and they could definitely tell that I do have gall stones, but they weren't causing the problem. I didn't agree with them at the time that the pain wasn't caused by the gallstones, but sure enough - they were right!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Everyone,
I am always very tired all the time.
Sarah I remember your post about that.
My Husband has gall stones and has never had pain.
Linda thanks for asking your mom for me.
Denice I am glad it helped you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
that they finally get to the bottom of the pain you've had, and do something about it. Feel better soon!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

that they finally get to the bottom of the pain you've had, and do something about it. Feel better soon!
Not knowing is the worst. I hope they figure it out - and that you can part with that pain!

Laurie

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a gall bladder ultrasound. The tech was very good and friendly and warned whenever something might hurt. Nothing did, but I was on morphine, in the midst of an attack, so I felt great.
It took maybe five-ten minutes max and the doctor had my answer in a couple minutes. (He wasn't all that busy though... 2 am in the ER...
)

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a ton of pain and had a gall bladder ultrasound which wasn't any big deal. The test only took about 15 minutes and got the results 20 minutes later - no gall stones. I had Xrays, EKGs, CAT scans and including countless blood, fecal and urine tests. I was later hospitalized for a week with colitis because of pain, diarrhea, dehydration and throwing up constantly.
I really feel for you!! Never ignore pain!

Tons of and

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I was later hospitalized for a week with colitis because of pain, diarrhea, dehydration and throwing up constantly.
That reminds me of my ordeal with C. diff colitis.
It must have been a horrible flare, I hope medication can keep it in better control for you so you don't have to deal with that ever again.

There's nothing to worry about from an ultrasound. The worst of it is towards the end of the ultrasound the gel may get a little cold - or they may get some on the edge of your clothes (even though they'll cover them with towels). As far as tests go, that's the easiest ones I've had. Even x-rays are more uncomfortable (hard table to roll around on) than an ultrasound.

I hope they can figure out what it is. If you don't show any stones they make schedule you for a HIDA scan - it basically checks your gallbladder function. Even without stones one's gallbladder can be diseased.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister had gallbladder surgery to have it removed a few years ago. I just asked her if she had ultrasound and she said yes, and "oh shoot it ain't nothin." I know she had a lot of problems for a lot of years and after she had it out they all went away.

Good luck to you, I hope they can find out what it is and help you to feel better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
That pain is the worst and I get terrible migraines and period cramps.
It makes that pain seem tame.
They told me to get there at 8:20 on Thursday.
The appointment is at 8:40.
Friday the dr is at 9:00.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Anyone have a gall bladder ultrsound before?
yup - right before they scheduled me for surgery to remove it. wasn't a big deal, at all.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago and I remember when I had the ultrasound. I was looking at the screen and saw all these dots in one area. I thought to myself that that was my gallbladder! I was right. The doc said my gallbladder was full of them! The ultrasound was no biggie. I remember the pain though. It is horrible!!

I will keep you in my prayers!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending loads of positive that the dr.s locate the source of your pain and put an end to it.
Feel better soon!