Of course you think it's a toy, Tiko.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Without fail, every morning, when it's litter-scooping time. Pull the cover, set it down, and oooooh, a new game!

Followed by, of course, having to use the box immediately after I scoop it.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the same box! and eveidently the same kitty! Fiona does this...followed by using the box after I scoop also.
But it's convienant in a way because then I can scoop again and have nice clean litter!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup. same exact box (except i still have the door on) and wilbur does the same thing

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!! I too have the same box!!
and all of my cats like to play that game too
ecspecially Trouble....He is super protective of the litter box

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

yup. same exact box (except i still have the door on) and wilbur does the same thing
My cats kept getting the door stuck and then would not be able to get in ????

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh i'm sure mine will abuse this until it breaks. wilbur knocks it off all the time.

here's how stupid he gets. sometimes he knocks the door off while trying to scrape to cover his poop. So he's reaching above his head to scrape in dirt? yup

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh i'm sure mine will abuse this until it breaks. wilbur knocks it off all the time.

here's how stupid he gets. sometimes he knocks the door off while trying to scrape to cover his poop. So he's reaching above his head to scrape in dirt? yup
LOL
mine do this too! (reach above the heads to "cover" poop!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey at least he waits for you to finish scooping. Maggie & Isaac always have to used the box WHILE I'm scooping. I always tell them there are 2 other boxes they could be using. They never listen.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Hey at least he waits for you to finish scooping. Maggie & Isaac always have to used the box WHILE I'm scooping. I always tell them there are 2 other boxes they could be using. They never listen.
Ha! My boys will do that once in a while, but for the most part, they use the other ones. Thankfully.

Tiko is cuuuuute! Well, his tail is, anyway.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya does this too. Play in the hood while I'm cleaning the poo palace. and its always a race to finish and refill before she just has to christen the clean box with an offering!

Once I'm done she likes to jump in and rearrange the litter to her liking. I think she's playing she tosses it all around and mounds it up in one corner, all ready to cover the next deposit.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know cats crack me up. I don't play in the toilet after I flush it, why oh why would they play in the litter box after it is cleaned? I get why they like to use it right after it is cleaned, but play in it? that's a whole differnt thing.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine do that too. I've got one of the budda boxes and whenever I put the lid down all three go running to get under it.
Crazy....

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hear ya. I don't have the door on, but I actually took the whole hood off the box about a month ago because of all of Genever's scratching and scraping on the walls... this mostly during the middle of the night (with the box in the bedroom unfortunately) for 10-15+ minutes at a time. I've had to go sleep on the couch already to get away from it! She still spends a million years in there but it's just slightly quieter without the extra walls for her to get.

And you know, I've been away from her for over 2 weeks now and i almost miss all that scratching... almost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning, Tiko did that to every one of the first three boxes I scooped. It's like he knows he's a source of "amusement" now and feels the need to oblige.

So on the fourth, Tiko lost interest and is in the living room. So who waltzes in and plops himself under the hood this time? Bayliss!

Those little dinks really do run the show.