My new stairway to heaven...

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...or at least, the top of the cupboards.

Rossi was the first to check them out...

Tiko, of course, eventually took control of the situation.

"The Thinker". Pondering something nefarious, as usual.

After a long day of naughtiness, it's nappy-time.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That's a great idea! It reminds me of a show I saw on TV where they showed how some celebrities pamper their pets. One had a whole "cat room" that had shelves at varying heights, slides, tunnels, walkways near the ceiling, cat doors through the walls into another room etc.

I bet your kitties appreciate you very much! Are you planning on adding more lower down so that as they get older...or heavier and jump to the counter, they can still get to the top of the cupboards?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I bet your kitties appreciate you very much! Are you planning on adding more lower down so that as they get older...or heavier and jump to the counter, they can still get to the top of the cupboards?
Funny you mention that; I agonized over this thing for months, as regards to "proper" spacing, perch size, etc. They can all scale the counter top now, but I think for sure an extra one will be in the works one day. Bayliss isn't a strong jumper, and seems to get very frustrated and embarassed when he misses, so it may happen any day, if he doesn't show interest in these.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats awesome! I think I need to make one of those for my aparment. You just gave me a great idea! Fiona likes to go on top of the doors. At my new place she can't reach them and is SOOOOO frustrated. She cries everyday now! So, excellant idea! Thank you! From both me and Fiona!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just a little FYI - if you use wall anchors, I found some at Lowe's that have a 3-way anchoring mechanism that includes a unique little butterfly wing that draws back and secures on the backside of the drywall. They're rated for up to 100 pounds each (as much as the shelf bracket), and it's all I found that I was really comfortable with.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice!
Thanks.
Fiona is a petite kitty but just in case the boys decide to give it a go I would feel more comfortable with the 3 way anchoring.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cool. I wish I didn't live in a small rental and could renovate for the furkids like that!

The only place I know of with a better cat contraption is the neko cafe in Ginowan. They have stepped shelves like that over the bookshelf and an overhead catwalk so the kitties can get away from the customers I think.