What is one thing you'd save if your house was on fire?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from humans and animals of course! Is there one thing you would take the few extra seconds to save?

For me, it would be a painting my grandfather did for me for my highschool graduation, just for sentimental value and the fact that it's beautiful and can't be replaced.

Just curious as to what everyone else would save if they have the choice to take one thing.

(yeah, I know, this is a depressing thread, isn't it?)

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Possibly my computer. Not because I am an addict.

There is financial information that I would need and I would go nuts without my photos.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Providing all living things were safe I'm not really sure. There is one photo album with irreplaceable pictures in it... but I'm not sure it's worth risking my life for. I can't think of one specific thing but I think we would like to save at least one thing from my hubby's deceased grandma. Probably a plant... or maybe the memorial shadow box I made of his grandparents.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pictures, My Mom is passed away and I would never get over it if I were to lose all the pictures I have of her.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL....this is the question I ask to all the spotlight members LOL... speaking of which, I don't think we have had one lately.

My answer: assuming all the living beings (humans/pets) are saved, it would be my computer and photo albums...

I have 3 photo albums, but loads of photos stored on my computer, and on disks. I would want them.

Memories tend to fade, photos bring them back.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not really sure. Most of my "stuff" is replaceable, even my home computer does not have many things saved on it- any photos are also on photobucket. I'm generally not a sentimental person so I don't really have many items that mean something to me. Sheesh, as far as I'm concerned, if my babies are out, let it burn

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As someone who has lost a home to fire. Family and Pets were my only concern.

I lost a beautiful sweet Siamese Lady to that fire and nothing hurt worse than her death. Not my kids baby pictures, my wedding dress, none of our clothes, furniture...Nothing was like the pain of losing her.

So for me nothing is worth going back in as long as my boys and my pets are out!

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
okay if my cats aren't safe then them!!! i actually have two cat carriers in my bedroom just in case
well you never do know....happens all the time in my dreams. at least i have practice

if cats are safe then the computer.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from my cats, I don't really have anything that is worth saving. I'd be upset losing my tv and pvr but they can be replaced and I would not attempt to take a tv with me.

I think I'd have to grab my wedding dress. I just brought it home 2 days ago and it would be very hard for me to get another dress before the wedding.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First thing that came to mind was Cammy (I'm sure Jon could get out himself). If they don't count, then I'm not sure. My engagement ring is on my finger so it'd be safe. Maybe my camera. Maybe the external hard drive that has my four thousand pictures on it.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My car keys....so that I could load the girls into the car and drive them down the road where they would be safe.

Other than that, my computer, for my pictures. But, I'm not all that sentimental of a person, so I don't think I'd risk going back in for that.

We just moved, and the first thing I did was find a easy-access place to put the cat carrier. In the old apartment, there was nowhere for it, and it drove me crazy.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's tough, but I probably would save my teddy bear. I had him since 6 months old and now hubby built a glass box for him to sit in so he would not deteriate.

I had lost him for years (my mom said I took him with me when I moved out, but I know I didn't). I found him in mom's house (actually my sister did) and he's now back with me. Even found a picture of me in the crib with Teddy so I can see what he originally looked like. He's really in very good condition for his age.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My important papaerwork which is in a convienant carry case. But with 3 cats and two hands I am sure they are all i could manage! I just think about how much of a bummer it would be to have to get new birth certif. and ss card and all my credit info....ick.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Obviously like everyone else I would make sure my furry little monsters were safe, then, I would probably grab Smokey's ashes & a photo I have of her with a wonderful poem. After that I would maybe think of the car keys.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

My important papaerwork which is in a convienant carry case. But with 3 cats and two hands I am sure they are all i could manage! I just think about how much of a bummer it would be to have to get new birth certif. and ss card and all my credit info....ick.
Invest in a small fire safe or a safety deposit box.
We got a small fire safe that holds our SS cards, birth certificates, marriage license and car titles.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My "purse" is a backpack right next to where I sleep (my laptop is next to it and fits in it). I'd throw that on my back, and get the cats.

If all of us were out, I'd grab the family bibles. One dates back to 1810 (before Philly burned in the war of 1812) and it has the family tree - dating back to 1688 (they came when William Penn opened up the colony) in it. Come to think of it, I should probably photocopy those pages of it and send them to my brother and sister and all the cousins.

Laurie

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

(yeah, I know, this is a depressing thread, isn't it?)
It is not a depressing thread. It is something everyone should think about, planning for worst case. After the animals I have a fire proof small safe with pictures and important family keepsakes/documents only. I would grab it.
If I had more time the laptop and camera would follow. If more time I would grab a few pictures on the wall that have great sentimental value. Fires are so scary! I hope and pray I never have to make such hard choices.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Russian grandad's pocket watch. It's my most treasured possession....I miss him SOOO much (he passed away when I was younger.)