Show results 16/05

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,

Thanks for opening yet another of my show result threads! This was a good show for us this weekend. There were 23 LH Entire Cats and 28 LH Entire kittens! I'll also share some photos from the weekend too. In the Entire cats there were 8 Persians (Fluffy's section) and in the Entire kittens there were 9 Exotics (Tales section).

Champion Captivating Sweet Escape

Ring 1. Best Persian, BEST in Show, Best Type

Ring 2. 5th Best Persian, Best Eye Colour.

Ring 3. 4th Best Persian, Best Groomed

Ring 4. 3rd Best Persian, 7th Best in Show, Best Eye Colour

Fluffy also won in the All breeds ring (all the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place getters of the day got the chance to compete in a top 30!) there were about 80 cats entered and Fluffy got 22nd!!!
I think Fluffy only needs 50 points to grand now.

Captivating Telling Tales

Ring 2. Best Eye Colour

Ring 4. 3rd Best Exotic, 10th Best in Show

Do you like Tales on her purple curtains??

Bronze Double Grand Champion Grafton For Your Consideration

Ring 1. Best Exotic, 6th Best In Show

Ring 2. 3rd Best Exotic

Ring 3. Best Exotic, 7th Best in show

Ring 4. Best Exotic, 2nd Best in Show, Best groomed

(Con getting love from 3 different kids
)

Wildfire Starlight Express

Ring 1. 2nd Best Exotic, 3rd Best in Show

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the 1st and 3rd winners of the top 30. On the left is a Tortoiseshell Persian, owned by my friend Jan and on the right is a Blue point Birman.

The birman again

And the 2nd in the top 30, and Supreme SH Entire Cat, my dream Siamese

I hope you enjoyed the photos. I was so tied up with the cats so I didn't take many. Does anyone think I should try Fluffy on a different colour in 2 weeks time? Our next show is a 6 ring show, this weekend was only a 4 ring show.

Thanks for looking

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Congrats Sam!!!
What color are you thinking of trying in 2 weeks.
The purple and pink looks good with the cats.
Thanks Jacky. Tales took down her curtains 2 or 3 times during the day!

I'm not sure I thought about trying light blue with Fluffy? Just for a change.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue might look good.
I heard there is a contest for the best decorated cage at the Roseville show.
They have not said what the theme will be yet.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Sam. Your kitties are adorable.

As for the purple curtains.... I don't like Tales in light purple curtains. Sorry, just my opinion but I think they are kinda drab, and Tales is beautiful. If it were me, I would put her on royal purple (dark, rich purple), or perhaps a rich burgundy.

I think Fluffy looks amazing on the dark blue

Thinking about it more, and looking again.... if you could get a deep purple with gold trim, I think it would bring out Tales eyes very much so...(pulling that angle because people obviously love her eyes). Or even the burgundy with gold trim.

I think the lighter colours (pale, pastel) suit darker cats, not cats who are mainly white.

Just my opinion tho
I
your kitties.

ETA: just read your comment about light blue for Fluffy...again, I don't think light anything would suit her either.

The light colours make the kitties blend in with the curtains, whereas dark colour make your kitties stand out more, accenting their beauty.

ETA: (again) I'd like to see Fluffy on a nice dark green
I think she would be stunning on it.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Sam
I like the lilac, but perhaps the fabric needs lilac backing as they look sheer - but that could be the photo sometimes colours are different in person.

Is that the same show Jody went to? Her Oci kittens and Aby did well over the weekend.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Blue might look good.
I heard there is a contest for the best decorated cage at the Roseville show.
They have not said what the theme will be yet.
Most of our shows have themes too. I'm looking forward to the National show's theme "A Sparkling affair:

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Congrats to all - great photos too.
Thanks Martice. Nana & I had 2 other kittens that we bred at the show too - that did quite well

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Congrats Sam. Your kitties are adorable.

As for the purple curtains.... I don't like Tales in light purple curtains. Sorry, just my opinion but I think they are kinda drab, and Tales is beautiful. If it were me, I would put her on royal purple (dark, rich purple), or perhaps a rich burgundy.

I think Fluffy looks amazing on the dark blue

Thinking about it more, and looking again.... if you could get a deep purple with gold trim, I think it would bring out Tales eyes very much so...(pulling that angle because people obviously love her eyes). Or even the burgundy with gold trim.

I think the lighter colours (pale, pastel) suit darker cats, not cats who are mainly white.

Just my opinion tho
I
your kitties.

ETA: just read your comment about light blue for Fluffy...again, I don't think light anything would suit her either.

The light colours make the kitties blend in with the curtains, whereas dark colour make your kitties stand out more, accenting their beauty.

ETA: (again) I'd like to see Fluffy on a nice dark green
I think she would be stunning on it.
Thanks for your post Chris!
I don't know about Fluffy on green because she's not allowed any tinge of green in her eyes and then it might make her white look stained?? (even though it's not!!)

I think I will keep Fluffy on her curtains - I would love a royal purple for Tales but I'm broke!
Nana & I have about 15 sets - so unfortunately it has to be from what we have *shrugs* Thanks though!!

Originally Posted by missymotus

Congrats Sam
I like the lilac, but perhaps the fabric needs lilac backing as they look sheer - but that could be the photo sometimes colours are different in person.

Is that the same show Jody went to? Her Oci kittens and Aby did well over the weekend.
Thanks Amanda! You are right the purple curtains have no backing - a lady made them for me as back ups but I loved them so much. I'm going to need to get a nice silky backdrop for them.

Yup it's the same show Jody was at. I didn't talk to her just waved at her across the hall. She's not going to many shows this year

You can see one of her Aby's Abyrose Bluejay - in the last picture. Cage 510, so it must have got in the top ten of the top 30!! I'm not sure how they did in the rings, I think my friend said she got a couple of lower placings - my friend's kitten was Supreme SH Kitten, Macbryce Touch of frost - I've shared this photo of Jack before but he did so well!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bluejay got 9th in the All breeds top 30.

Jack is gorgeous.

We have themes sometimes, like summer time, winter, country of origin but most people just use their regular curtains and don't really follow the theme since it's a bit expensive to make new things for each theme.

Our next show is the nationals next month, over 480 cats, 130 group 3 kittens alone! (poor little Malika
)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The photographer we want to do Jackie's picture (did Charlie for us) was at the show - but we are waiting till fall for him to take Jackie's prof. pictures. Right now, we've decided to go with a medium shade of purple (we kinda tested Jackie against a few colors to see which ones we liked).

The cinnamon looks good against the purple.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Bluejay got 9th in the All breeds top 30.

Jack is gorgeous.

We have themes sometimes, like summer time, winter, country of origin but most people just use their regular curtains and don't really follow the theme since it's a bit expensive to make new things for each theme.

Our next show is the nationals next month, over 480 cats, 130 group 3 kittens alone! (poor little Malika
)
Jack is lovely but his sister Jill is better but she didn't go to Taranaki because she's teething quite badly.

WOW that's a big show. The 6 ring show I'm going to at the end of May in Christchurch is 220 cats. The Nationals is at the end of June and they are predicting it to be small - so it will probably 300!
Longhair Entire Kittens is always the largest section though - normally about 90.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the gorgeous pictures, Sam! Congratulations
I saw your new avatar and had to click on your name to see if you posted any new pictures of Tales out there!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures, Sam! Congratulations
I saw your new avatar and had to click on your name to see if you posted any new pictures of Tales out there!
Thank you Chris!! Thanks also for stopping by!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
congrats! your cats kick butt!

im thinking next time try fluffy in a lighter color, i think it would bring her out more.

i was thinking maybe a nice light shimmery orange,or how bout a shimmery silver/whitish? or light pink or blue.

why dont you take a few pics of her against a few diff colors and let us see?

oh BF said how bout a light green?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the dark blue really brings out her eye colour. I can't have her on white or silver because it will make her white look yellow. I think she may look OK on the red that Tales started out on??
Thanks so much for your comments!