Things I never thought I'd say...

catfaery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
...like "Do I look like a cat tree?!"
I have a hyper little kitten that loves to claw his way up my pants (if I am wearing jeans)! He gets up to my hip and I'll look down at him and say that. He'll give me the expression of "What?" like he knows he isn't supposed to, but he just had to say Hi!

jae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catfaery

...like "Do I look like a cat tree?!"
I have a hyper little kitten that loves to claw his way up my pants (if I am wearing jeans)! He gets up to my hip and I'll look down at him and say that. He'll give me the expression of "What?" like he knows he isn't supposed to, but he just had to say Hi!
I have a cat that meows at me then he jumps up for a hug and some love. I think that cats think we are just here for them to climb/walk all over.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how I can relate!

My cat, Delaney, is a climber. And, me? Well, I'm her kitty jungle gym, of course
!

My first experience meeting Delaney was at the local animal shelter. I had seen her photo on Petfinder and knew that she was going to be the kitten for me. Since my other cat, Cassidy, has a dominant, yet easy-going, personality, I needed a cat who could match her personality and not back down from her. Delaney was it. And any reservations I had upon meeting her and bringing her home were squashed when I was first introduced to the bundle of fur!

Since she had been spayed the day earlier, she had not yet been placed on the adoption floor. That being said, I had put a hold on her and was shocked when I went into the cat room and realized that she was not there. So, of course, I frantically went up to a shelter worker. He told me that she was, in fact, still available and within minutes he returned from the veterinary hold room...with a teensy brown and white tabby kitten riding on his shoulder! And when he walked up to me and Delaney jumped from his shoulder to mine the deal was sealed. And the rest is history...

Delaney still thinks I am her personal cat tree. Forget bending down to rummage through a dresser drawer unless you want a cat to take a ride on your back, forget walking through a doorway that has a high table or counter next to it unless you want to wear a cat as a hat, and forget trying to ever take a shower or bath unless you want another scar of cat scratches up your legs, abdomen, and shoulders to add to your ever-growing collection. But, really, what's another deep wound when there's a furry ball of love always waiting to show you love, attention, and admiration
?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

Oh, how I can relate!

My cat, Delaney, is a climber. And, me? Well, I'm her kitty jungle gym, of course
!

My first experience meeting Delaney was at the local animal shelter. I had seen her photo on Petfinder and knew that she was going to be the kitten for me. Since my other cat, Cassidy, has a dominant, yet easy-going, personality, I needed a cat who could match her personality and not back down from her. Delaney was it. And any reservations I had upon meeting her and bringing her home were squashed when I was first introduced to the bundle of fur!

Since she had been spayed the day earlier, she had not yet been placed on the adoption floor. That being said, I had put a hold on her and was shocked when I went into the cat room and realized that she was not there. So, of course, I frantically went up to a shelter worker. He told me that she was, in fact, still available and within minutes he returned from the veterinary hold room...with a teensy brown and white tabby kitten riding on his shoulder! And when he walked up to me and Delaney jumped from his shoulder to mine the deal was sealed. And the rest is history...

Delaney still thinks I am her personal cat tree. Forget bending down to rummage through a dresser drawer unless you want a cat to take a ride on your back, forget walking through a doorway that has a high table or counter next to it unless you want to wear a cat as a hat, and forget trying to ever take a shower or bath unless you want another scar of cat scratches up your legs, abdomen, and shoulders to add to your ever-growing collection. But, really, what's another deep wound when there's a furry ball of love always waiting to show you love, attention, and admiration
?
Great introduction to Delaney!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought I would say stuff like " Let Mumma get the poo of your bum!"

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to go with, "I am not your personal step stool" (Maggie likes to use my shoulders to get up & down from high locations), or better yet, "oh that's OK kitty your not in trouble for throwing up, guess Mom just has to buy another Wolite Pod."