My kid's TV

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed a couple of Orioles trying to eat out of our hummingbird feeder, so I went out the other day and bought a real Oriole feeder and hung it outside our kitchen window. I thought we had 2 orioles, but now know that there are at least 5 of them out there.

When we had the kitchen remodeled and new windows put in, I purposely laid out the kitchen to give them a good view of the outside, then strategically put bird feeders right outside the windows. With the addition of the oriole feeder, we now officially have a big screen TV for our kids.

The TV screen: Oriole meets orange currently playing.

Scarlett and Muddy were enthralled by the action playing on the large screen:

Commercial break - Sam walks by to see if there was anything exciting going on:

And the view with surround picture view - bird feeder out one window, oriole feeder out the wide screen window:

This morning, an oriole got close to the window waiting its turn at the feeder. Muddy leaped in the air and tried his best to catch it thru the glass. I think they are going to have a blast with their new TV!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Break out the popcorn! Live kitty TV!

When I lived out in the country, I had a birdbath in the back 10 feet from the bedroom window and a cat tree kind of similar to yours. The birdbath attracted of course birds, but also squirrel and deer. It was constant entertainment

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

This morning, an oriole got close to the window waiting its turn at the feeder. Muddy leaped in the air and tried his best to catch it thru the glass. I think they are going to have a blast with their new TV!

That would have been funny to see.

Your kitties have it made with the live tv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Three hours later and Scarlett finally jumped down off her perch by the TV, er, window. I wonder if she'll ruin her eyes watching TV for so long?

Actually, DH went out into the yard to refill the feeders and the birds all flew away. I think she went for a refill on the popcorn.

Let's go out to the lobby....
Let's go out to the lobby.....
Let's go out to the lobby
And get some snicky-snacks!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep thinking I need to attach some feeders to my deck, but I'm worried the farm kitties will make them into birdie buffets instead of bird feeders.

My guys would looovvveeee to come watch TV at your house!!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys love it when I open the sliding door so they can observe (and hear) what's going on outside. It looks like Scarlett and Muddy are enjoying themselves thoroughly (Sam, too). I gotta say, I lovvvvvve Muddy (me and my black cat obsession).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lucky kitties (and dogs) to have a big screen tv like that! Live action all day.
I love Orioles, such a pretty orange. We saw one here once a few years ago and it made my day.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

I keep thinking I need to attach some feeders to my deck, but I'm worried the farm kitties will make them into birdie buffets instead of bird feeders.
I have a couple of feeders out on the balcony, and unfortunately my boys have caught a couple of birdies before.
You can't underestimate how quick a pouncing cat can be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was fixing them breakfast this morning when an oriole flew up to the feeder. Muddy immediately stopped eating and started chirping at the bird. I asked him if he wanted me to set him up a TV tray so he could eat his breakfast while watching the birds.

There's a potted hibiscus right outside the window by the cat tree. An oriole landed in that yesterday and I thought Scarlett was going to wet her pants from excitement.

Scarlett and Muddy are sitting in the exact position as they were yesterday right now. I wonder if they'll ever leave long enough to snuggle in my lap!?!