Quick Question!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've got storms coming and we're going to Jon's mom's. Cammy is going in her carrier. How long is it okay to leave her in there? Any advice?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean she's going in her carrier in the car with you? She should be fine. When I moved across the country my boys were in their carriers for 10-12 hours a day. I felt bad for them but there was only one accident in the week that it took to get where I was going. for a safe trip

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, in her carrier in the car with us. She'll probably just stay in there the whole time we're there. She will not be a happy girl. I wish I had some kind of sedative. It stresses me out when she cries.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can't release her into a bathroom or something while you're there? Bring a "travel" litter box and familiar scents, like one of her beds or something?

I would definitely spray a fair amount of Feliway in the carrier. I'd also get a t-shirt really sweaty and put that in the carrier with her. Make sure to give her food and water.

Laurie

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

How long do you plan to keep her in there for?
I wouldn't think longer than three hours. There's a tornado warning in the next county. She's already in there and I'm afraid she's gonna hurt herself. She's trying to scratch her way out. I should be taking her with me, right?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, and for three hours, she may be unhappy, but she'll be fine. Just bring food and a way to give her water and something familiar for her - just in case.

all will be well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're back. I put one of Jon's already worn shirts and sprayed it with some stress free spray. She was pretty pissed, but she's okay now. Probably has really short nails, but that's okay. The weather didn't get too bad at all.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For next time, put a towel or sheet over the carrier so she can't see out. It will keep her from trying to get out. Works for ferals in traps.

Glad your safe, keep an eye out the rest of the night.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

For next time, put a towel or sheet over the carrier so she can't see out. It will keep her from trying to get out. Works for ferals in traps.

Glad your safe, keep an eye out the rest of the night.
No, that does NOT work for her lol. I don't know why. But it did for all the ferals that have had to stay in overnight.