Grey's Anatomy Finale Tonight...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I just watched it on the timeshift...and man oh man...such twists. I was NOT expecting any of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really? Noone watches Greys?

It's kind of a big deal tonight people!

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
***SPOILER ALERT****
You know, I thought it was a pretty anti-climatic finale, until the last 2 minutes...and I definitely was not expecting John Doe to be George. I was only half paying attention to that storyline, and when he wrote 007 in her hand, I had no idea what the heck it meant. But her scream when she realized it gave me chills, even not knowing what she was so horrified about. I wonder what is going to happen next year...I know there was questions about whether either of those actors would be returning, but I'm wondering if it's all just to make things more suspencful.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
***Spoilers*****

I just finished it!!!

OH MY GOSH! I was sobbing at the end saying "George and Izzy, George and Izzy!" over and over. All the while the BF (from the other room) going "Who are George and Izzy?"
An excellent season finale, but jeesh. Heartbreaking! I was shocked when Meridith figured out "007". What a twist!! I can't stand when the leave such huge cliffhangers! I've watched Grey's Anatomy since day one and I'll just be devastated if either of them die!!!

I'm really glad somebody had already started a thread. As soon as I finished I was running over to start one, lol.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the first hour but sounds like the good stuff was in the last hour.
Come on ABC, post the show already.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah.I was shocked about the John Doe. They wrote that part very well.

Poor George

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was SOBBING! And reading some posts on other sites about the show last night even makes me so incredibly sad

I just cannot wait 4-5 months for the season premiere....

GRRRR!!!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I DVR'd it last night, seeing as I had to be up at 4:30 this morning for work. I wasn't sure when I'd be able to watch it, but now I think I'll make time for it when I get home!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SPOILER ......................

I have this feeling that next season is going to start out with one of them surviving. I dont' know why I think that, but it just seems like someone has to make it. Frankly the hospital would be in for a huge lawsuit for not respecting the DNR. Just because it's another Dr. does not give them the medical right to go against her wishes.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Big Grey's fan here! Yes, last night's finale was awesome and it's going to be a looooooonnnnnnng wait until September.

I must say though, that George was in uniform at the end and if I followed the show correctly, he had not reported for duty before he got hit by the bus so why would he be in uniform? And where was Denny if Izzy was dead? I would have thought he would have been right there.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This show kills me, what a great finale though, the George storyline was really a shocker. I love the way this show is written, you just don't see some of these things coming
I think I need a few months to get over what happened last night

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big Grey's fan here too!

From what I've read, George is definitely out. Due to budget cuts the actor has been let go.

So far as Izzy goes. This I'm a bit unsure of. I had read that she was also being written out due to budget cuts.

Yesterday at the hospital I was talking to the nursing assistant who had taken me to xray. She's also a huge fan of the show. She told me that she recently saw on a Hollywood gossip-type show that the actress had initially asked to be written out in order to pursue more movie jobs. Then she changed her mind and asked to stay on the show. Not sure if she asked for more money or not. But the writers were considering her staying.

George standing at the elevator instead of Denny is appropriate.

Remember that scene where she was sitting and thinking and told George that she didn't know what to do and that he should tell her what to do? He told her that she knew exactly what she needed to do because she had already made the decision.

George standing outside the elevator door in his uniform will give her the reminder that she knows what she has to do, and therefore the push she needs to reunite with her body and live, because she now knows that she isn't a "turnip" and has a memory better than a "carrot" and that she will be alright.

So George is out for sure. Given the way it was left hanging and combined with the scene of their private moment, it looks like Izzy will be staying.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With George standing at the elevator, we know he is dead but they are keeping us waiting all summer to see if Izzy survives. I will miss O'Malley, I liked his character a lot. Heck I still miss Burke.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe they are telling us that George died of his injuries. Why the uniform??, guess cuz that's the last thing he wanted to do.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

I believe they are telling us that George died of his injuries. Why the uniform??, guess cuz that's the last thing he wanted to do.
Again, symbolism. I believe it goes back to the conversation between Callie and her girl friend. Her girl friend said that in her eyes George was a Hero for signing on with The Army. George did something completely selfless. He was injured because he pushed a stranger out of the way of a bus. That act also made him a Hero. So basically, George died a Hero and what better way to show that than him in an Army uniform...as good a symbol as I can think of to show true Heroism.

Also, remember last episode he was upset that everyone he tried to help in the trauma area died? He signed up for the Army so that he could make a real difference doing trauma on the front lines in Iraq. While he never made it to Iraq, through his death he has saved the life of 2 people: the stranger, and Izzy.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

With George standing at the elevator, we know he is dead but they are keeping us waiting all summer to see if Izzy survives. I will miss O'Malley, I liked his character a lot. Heck I still miss Burke.
Oh I think of that...like he is already there and she is on the cusp.