played a great gig!

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just got home from a great gig, played totally on form, my brother (the bass player) really got into it, and enjoyed it too, and we actually played with a totally different drummer, as ours couldnt make it, but he loved it too!

anyway to give a little background information to anyone who doesnt know, but i play guitar and sing in a blues band that i formed some time ago. im very passionate about it, there isnt much that compares to the buzz from seeing the crowd moving, and people dancing to your music.

it was only a local and fairly small gig, but i like the intimate stuff the most, when the audience is only 5 feet away, its th ebest way to get the most accurate feedback i feind.

anyway i wont go on about it, im just hyped up! its the usa next, and i will try to get some pics up asap...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome and congrats! I know what it's like to get done with a gig and be really excited because you played well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i was so drunk last night when i started this topic!

im glad my brother got his act together too!

first ones are from the recent gig, (my big brother chris on the black bass, me on the blue strat)

this one is from the same venue, but about a month previous. (rich on drums and he is blind! awesome drummer though, you would never know! chris on the black bass, and me on my oldie)

and this is one my dad took of me and chris in the studio at home before the recent gig, its a rare pic of me with no hat on! so you can all see my bald head lol. i just really like this shot, shame you cant see more of my brother, but i like how close we look, if you get me?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing!! It looks like you guys had a blast! Keep it up! Hey, if you ever come to West Virginia in the US I know a great local bar you can play at...(although WHY you would want to come to WVa is beyond me!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Thanks for sharing!! It looks like you guys had a blast! Keep it up! Hey, if you ever come to West Virginia in the US I know a great local bar you can play at...(although WHY you would want to come to WVa is beyond me!
)
i just had a look on good old google-map to see where west virginia is, i cant see why not! if i do make it over there this year, its got as good a chance as anywhere else!

would love to play over there, just so i can say i have done it!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you guys look great, do you have any of your music anywhere that we can listen.
I organise gigs for charity, and my b/f is in a band, and he has explained to me the amazing feeling when a gig goes well, like when you started this thread.
BTW he has recently bought a Rickenbacker and he loves it :-) I almost expected a ray of light to come out of the case when he opened it up

He has a gig this weekend and I can't wait to see him play his new guitar with the band. I love to see him perform

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rock on, dude! \t

If you're at all interested, here's a link to my husband's band's MySpace:www.myspace.com/48volt

I know what you mean about being buzzed after a great gig. I feel that way just as an audience member. I've done a few drunken posts too!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jezmondo69

there isnt much that compares to the buzz from seeing the crowd moving, and people dancing to your music.
^^^^^
i can totally relate to that having performed many times as a dj, it really is a great feeling....good for you!

keep us posted if your band tours the US.