Did you kiss the cat first?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If he didn't know it before, DH now knows who rates first around here. I was heading out for work this morning, walked past Jamie, gave him a few scritches and a smack (as in kiss) on the head, and then went into the next room and gave DH a peck on the cheek.

His reaction was, "Did you kiss the cat first?"!!!!! Talk about being caught in the act.

I think I'm in the doghouse.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I think I'm in the doghouse.
I've been caught doing this. Here's how I got out of it: I told DH that I wanted to savor his kiss all day, so had to kiss him last. OK, so he didn't believe me for a minute, but it did give him a smile, and kept me out of the doghouse!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey well I ONLY kiss the cats when I leave - he doesn't get one at all!

I'll call out, OK I'm ready and he'll say OK I'll go wait in the car because he knows I've still got the "kisses" to dish out!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Welcome to the real world, Robert!

Originally Posted by Momofmany

I've been caught doing this. Here's how I got out of it: I told DH that I wanted to savor his kiss all day, so had to kiss him last. OK, so he didn't believe me for a minute, but it did give him a smile, and kept me out of the doghouse!
Good one, Amy!

So did you bring home a present for Robert after work today?

Laurie

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always get caught saying "I love you" and from the other room I'll hear "I love you too" and I'll yell "I wasn't talking to you" and DH yells "I know, you were talking to a cat, just wanted to bug you"

Leslie

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I told DH that I wanted to savor his kiss all day, so had to kiss him last.
Quick thinking! Now that is smooth talking lady.

Originally Posted by twstychik

I don't kiss them first, but I do tend to kiss them more often.
my DH has a scratchy beard, so the cats are just so much nicer and softer to kiss. My poor boys get smooched often, whether they want to be or not.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When my boyfriend's now RB cat, Cato, was still alive and I would go over there, I would usually kinda blow by my boyfriend and say, "where's Cato? Kitty, kitty, kitty?" And the CAT would get swept up with hugs and kisses!!!

I would tell Doug that I am only dating him to see the cat!

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol this really made me laugh!! I was away last week over night and my mum was kitten sitting. I phoned up and the first thing I said is "Are my cats ok? Have they eaten, got fresh water?" my poor mum lol! Of course I asked if she was ok too but without thinking I asked about my cats first.

Another time I remember coming into my living room when I had some friends over and asking

"How are you darlings?"

"We're fine" my friends replied.

"Oh not you two, I was asking my cats"

Is it any wonder they think im a bit of a nut