Something is seriously wrong with the climate.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked outside and......... WE ARE GETTING SNOW!!! It's the middle of May and we are basically in a blizzard. This is the first time I've ever seen snow in the middle of May. Anyone else getting some crazy weather?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny you say that. Someone i work with who lives less than 10 miles from me said he had hailstone on sunday, but it only lasted a couple of minutes.

Where i was it was lovely and warm!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's nice and warm here but we are supposed to get lots of rain and storms all day today and tomorrow.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

But you live in Canada...
I live 45 minutes away from Tiger, and yesterday it was warm enough for shorts and a t shirt!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*stoner voice*Dude you live in Canade doesn't it, like, snow all year round there?

Hehehe... Weird! Snow in May! I mean, stranger things have happened, but weather's so weird. Sometimes I wish I had become a meteorologist, but then everyone would hate me when I was wrong...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had heavy rain and some hailstones last weekend as well. It broke some of my tulips. I'm not certain but I don't think it is that unusual for the prairies to get a late snowstorm this time of year.

As for the comment about Canada, that just made me laugh.
Buffalo NY has worse weather than we do.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We once had a May snow store when I was in Highschool (that was 15+ years ago). It has been a cool spring here. Normally by now I'm calling my Dad to get his help putting my window Airconditioner in, but the last couple of days I've had to close the windows or it was too cold in the appartment.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

*stoner voice*Dude you live in Canade doesn't it, like, snow all year round there?

Hehehe... Weird! Snow in May! I mean, stranger things have happened, but weather's so weird.
My point was that I would be more surprised at something like that in say, Texas, or Mexico - but not all the way up North in Canada or Alaska.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
We're going the opposite direction here. We're well on the way to breaking the record for the most consecutive days of 100+ temperatures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

We're going the opposite direction here. We're well on the way to breaking the record for the most consecutive days of 100+ temperatures.
I'll take heat over snow any day. We were having perfect temperatures and were above normal for a while. Then all of a sudden it freezes overnight and we get snow in the morning.

Now I know some of you are thinking "it's Canada. It snows all year round there." But that's not true and frankly I'm sick of snow (at least for this year). In truth, I think we are one of the only countries that can have a temperature change of over 30*C (86*F) in one day. Anyways it's supposed to be nice this weekend so I guess all is well that ends well.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I just looked outside and......... WE ARE GETTING SNOW!!! It's the middle of May and we are basically in a blizzard. This is the first time I've ever seen snow in the middle of May. Anyone else getting some crazy weather?
I've seen snow in every month of the year. And farther south than you are!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a cat show in Reno years ago on May 13th and it snowed.
We did not have chains and slid.
The weather is crazy.This weekend we will be 106.
A few weeks a go it was in the 30's for the lows.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Wisconsin, and we have frost warnings for Saturday.
It's pretty normal for us to have wild swings in temperatures/weather in the spring.

I grew up in Minnesota--you didn't rule out snow unless it was July, but even then it *could* snow.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been about 70 degrees every day this month, but at night the temp drops to 35 or 40....it's a shock to come home to a COLD house after forgetting that you opened the windows during the day! And still wearing shorts because it was hot earlier. I've heard this summer is going to be BAD for tornados. I believe it; it's always the extreme temperature swings that cause tornadic activity.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It hasnt been cold here in a few months. Gonna be 100 this weekend.... we need rain badly so if anyone wants to send some of their rain to our barren city??? It has only snowed here once in my 19 years of life adn it was not even an inch.... in fact i havent seen snow in about 5 years. I guess id be more worried if it was snowing there in july?