Favorite TV and movie quotes

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can be funny, sad, poetic or anything that you like, keeping it clean of course.
I have been a big potato all day, not feeling well, and am at the moment watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" The episode with the suitcase. I love the phrase "Don't let a suitcase filled with cheese be your big fork and spoon!" Just so silly

Edit to correct qoute

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite line is from "Love Actually" - the scene when the father takes his little boy out for a conversation, thinking he had very bad problems, like drugs or something... It goes something like this:

Son: "sigh... well, the truth is, I am in love"
Father: Whew, That's it? Thank God, I thought it was much worst"
Son: "Worst than the total agony of being in love?" This is my favorite line of all times...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this quote from the Kurt Russell/Val Kilmer movie "Tombstone". Wyatt Earp is getting ready to hunt down the bad guys who have just killed his brother and he says,
"You tell 'em I'm comin', and hell's comin' with me!"

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could quote some from The Devil's Advocate, one part in particular that I always find amusing, but I don't think anyone would like it.

Altered States has some good ones, too. "The final truth of all things is that there is no final Truth. Truth is what's transitory. It's human life that is real."

"The purpose of our suffering is only more suffering. "

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I could quote some from The Devil's Advocate, one part in particular that I always find amusing, but I don't think anyone would like it.

Altered States has some good ones, too. "The final truth of all things is that there is no final Truth. Truth is what's transitory. It's human life that is real."

"The purpose of our suffering is only more suffering. "
Pretty sure I know the quote you are talking about with Devils Advocate, is it "Where does he *bleep*? Anywhere he wants

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Pretty sure I know the quote you are talking about with Devils Advocate, is it "Where does he *bleep*? Anywhere he wants
It's the long one where Pacino's character calls god a sadist.
"He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? Never!"

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"One time I dropped a cigar ash on his carpet, and he made me pick it up...with my anus"

Deuce Bigalow

(Sorry if inappropriate)

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From Steel Magnolias:

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special. -Shelby

Oh my goodness, I get a lump in my throat just typing it, I feel like I just understand it so much.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm not back in 5 minutes....wait longer! (Ace Ventura: Pet detective)

There's no reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane? (Airplane!)

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. (Blues Brothers)

I'm a mawg. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend. (Spaceballs)

I called her up and she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention. (Dumb and Dumber)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

From Steel Magnolias:

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special. -Shelby

Oh my goodness, I get a lump in my throat just typing it, I feel like I just understand it so much.
That movie is one of my favorites...I just LOVE that quote!

One of my favorites is "Life IS pain, princess"...(from Princess Bride...don't know if it got it exactly right), but that has helped me through a lot of bad times, from age 15 on.

Oh, my other favorite...lets see if I can remember it now..."You are a low down, stuck up, scruffy looking nerf herder." (Is that right? I think something is missing....) I just think that is the best comeback every (and I'm not even a starwars fan)

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

That movie is one of my favorites...I just LOVE that quote!

One of my favorites is "Life IS pain, princess"...(from Princess Bride...don't know if it got it exactly right), but that has helped me through a lot of bad times, from age 15 on.

Oh, my other favorite...lets see if I can remember it now..."You are a low down, stuck up, scruffy looking nerf herder." (Is that right? I think something is missing....) I just think that is the best comeback every (and I'm not even a starwars fan)
"Life is pain, your highness. Anybody who says differently is selling something."

I love The Princess Bride

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

"Life is pain, your highness. Anybody who says differently is selling something."

I love The Princess Bride
Oh yeah I forgot about that movie. I haven't seen it for years.

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

And who could forget: INCONCEIVABLE!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Steel Magnolias was a great movie! The ubber chick-flick (except for maybe Beaches) So many good quotes!
"Clarice, I love ya more than my luggage"
"if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me"
Many many more.

Edit: I think I got that first quote wrong

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Steel Magnolias was a great movie! The ubber chick-flick (except for maybe Beaches) So many good quotes!
Many many more.

Yep, it was Clairee saying it to Ouiser.

"You know I love ya more than my luggage."

I just watched it two days ago.
I love that line too!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"You had me at Hello" from Jerry McGuire.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat: from Jaws

Here is a really old one..."Loving means never having to say you're sorry" from Love Story.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my... well, anything from Clerks is good... and totally inappropriate for the forums.
Ok, not all of them... "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Really, any of the View Askew productions. Mall Rats "It's not a schooner, it's a dingy!" Such good movies.

Since the Princess Bride is in here theres "As you wish!" and "My name is Anigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

And one of my absolute favorites from Moulin Rouge "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return."

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's pretty much a 'guy thing', but almost anything from Caddyshack. I can't tell you the number of times I've worked bits of the dialogue into my everyday conversations. A few of my favorites:

Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

Ty Webb: Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.
----------------------------------------
Judge Smails: Ty, what did you shoot today?

Ty Webb: Oh, Judge, I don't keep score.

Judge Smails: Then how do you measure yourself with other golfers?

Ty Webb: By height.
----------------------------------------
And, of course...

Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Classic.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

There's no reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane? (Airplane!)

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. (Blues Brothers)
My other favorite quotes from those movies:

"I speak jive" (Airplane)

"We're on a mission from God" and "Don't come back until you redeem yourselves" (Blues Brothers)

And more:

"Welcome to Costco, I love you" and "It's got electrolites!" and "My ex-wife was a 'tard - she now flies a plane" (Idiocracy)

"I gave my love a chicken than had no bones" (Animal House)

"Leave the gun, take the canoli's" (Godfather)

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Many many more.

Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies! Great lines!

Clairee Belcher: You know, you would be a much more contented, pleasant person if you would find ways to occupy your time.
Ouiser Boudreaux: I'm pleasant. Damn it! I saw Drum Eatenton this morning at the Piggly Wiggly, and I smiled at the SOB 'fore I couldn't help myself.

M'Lynn: Oh Ouiser, Drum would NEVER point a gun at a lady!
Ouiser Boudreaux: Oh! He's a real gentleman! I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he PEES in it!

Ouiser Boudreaux: He is a boil on the butt of humanity!

Truvy: Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face.