TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Slighter slower GI tract, what dry food?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slighter slower GI tract, what dry food?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
or what should i be on the lookout for perhaps ingredient wise. etc?

After a day at the vet, they concluded my newest baby seems to have a somewhat slower GI tract now obviously they stated wet foods.. which i already was doing BUT he is used to having access to dry and the other cats here eat dry as well.

So i need to sort out if my dry foods are on the right track for a cat with this?

The dry foods here are royal canin kitten 36, chicken soup kitten & california naturals chicken & rice.

Are these ones ok? or is their something else i should be looking at for him? He's almost 3mths.. on the 18th.

Thanks.
post #2 of 11
are they thinking slow like constipation or ibs ?? or just slightly slower than normal?? If the later aim for less grains if any ( ie rice and oats are good)
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
are they thinking slow like constipation or ibs ?? or just slightly slower than normal?? If the later aim for less grains if any ( ie rice and oats are good)
That one, any specific foods you would recommend?

so should i wean off the canin? that is what the breeder used. thxs
post #4 of 11
IMHO the cal natural is likely a good choice
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
IMHO the cal natural is likely a good choice
Thanks, he does like that one but he also likes the CS? is that one still ok?
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
For my baby with the slower GI tract would this be a good choice to see if it will be eaten? he's almost 3mos{18th}

I have not had much success in the past here with grain frees but i may have a better experience with him, especially if i start at an early age?
post #7 of 11
which flavor?? I am still not understanding the slow gi issue ( I understand slow colon but just not sure what your vet is meaning ...


IMHO you may want to try lamb as it is a hot meat thus gives and takes heat to digest ( it is a weak hypothesis but heat can increased speed )
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
which flavor?? I am still not understanding the slow gi issue ( I understand slow colon but just not sure what your vet is meaning ...


IMHO you may want to try lamb as it is a hot meat thus gives and takes heat to digest ( it is a weak hypothesis but heat can increased speed )
The grasslands is a lamb, duck, fish combo.. i'd copy the ingredients but i can seem too...

here is the direct link to the page for this formual

http://www.championpetfoods.com/acan...ormulation=gfc

It was just explained to me that he appears right now to take longer to process the foods, she said a slower GI tract than usual..

thanks again
post #9 of 11
sending u a pm... this is a bit complicated and I want you to ask the vet about what I say
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
sending u a pm... this is a bit complicated and I want you to ask the vet about what I say
Not a problem, i'll check later on for your PM
post #11 of 11
I've merged your two threads.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Slighter slower GI tract, what dry food?