Slighter slower GI tract, what dry food?

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
or what should i be on the lookout for perhaps ingredient wise. etc?

After a day at the vet, they concluded my newest baby seems to have a somewhat slower GI tract now obviously they stated wet foods.. which i already was doing BUT he is used to having access to dry and the other cats here eat dry as well.

So i need to sort out if my dry foods are on the right track for a cat with this?

The dry foods here are royal canin kitten 36, chicken soup kitten & california naturals chicken & rice.

Are these ones ok? or is their something else i should be looking at for him? He's almost 3mths.. on the 18th.

Thanks.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
are they thinking slow like constipation or ibs ?? or just slightly slower than normal?? If the later aim for less grains if any ( ie rice and oats are good)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

are they thinking slow like constipation or ibs ?? or just slightly slower than normal?? If the later aim for less grains if any ( ie rice and oats are good)
That one, any specific foods you would recommend?

so should i wean off the canin? that is what the breeder used. thxs

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMHO the cal natural is likely a good choice

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For my baby with the slower GI tract would this be a good choice to see if it will be eaten? he's almost 3mos{18th}

I have not had much success in the past here with grain frees but i may have a better experience with him, especially if i start at an early age?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
which flavor?? I am still not understanding the slow gi issue ( I understand slow colon but just not sure what your vet is meaning ...

IMHO you may want to try lamb as it is a hot meat thus gives and takes heat to digest ( it is a weak hypothesis but heat can increased speed
)

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

which flavor?? I am still not understanding the slow gi issue ( I understand slow colon but just not sure what your vet is meaning ...

IMHO you may want to try lamb as it is a hot meat thus gives and takes heat to digest ( it is a weak hypothesis but heat can increased speed
)
The grasslands is a lamb, duck, fish combo.. i'd copy the ingredients but i can seem too...

here is the direct link to the page for this formual

http://www.championpetfoods.com/acan...ormulation=gfc

It was just explained to me that he appears right now to take longer to process the foods, she said a slower GI tract than usual..

thanks again

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sending u a pm... this is a bit complicated and I want you to ask the vet about what I say