Aloha Hau Kea

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hau Kea I hope you have forgiven me for not being there for you when you needed me. I sent you to someone you should never have been with and because of that your days on this earth are over.

I'm so sorry my friend. Be good, play hard, sleep well over the R.B.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This tragedy is not your fault Nial.

Hau Kea

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nial, this must be heartbreaking for you, expecially after what you went through to get Angel back safely into your care again

Your handsome boy knows you acted on good faith with this awful woman, and he's safe now at the Bridge

Have a wonderful time at your new home
Hau Kea

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nial, sometimes your best efforts to place your wonderful cats will not reveal the critical information that would change your decision about the human in question. You have done your best by this lovely, lovely boy, even though it turned out tragically. Hau Kea knows better than anyone that you love him and that his best interests were always your priority. May you feel the warmth of his purr to reassure you. Be gentle with yourself.

RIP Hau Kea

python

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So many of us united in grief, from all corners of the world.

I send my love to you and yours and that with time the hurt will heal.

Hau Kea. RIP sweet boy

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. That is such a sad story. Unfortunately there are a lot of sick people in this world. RIP beautiful kitty.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, that was a beautiful sentiment, and you should not feel guilty at all. You always do the best you can for your cats and you moved as fast as you could once you heard about this situation.

I know how much you care about your cats, all of them that you've ever placed, and I love that about you.

Please try not to think about the bad stuff, only that Hau Kea is now in a safe and happy place over Rainbow Bridge.

I'm thinking of you and Teri, and sending you and all your furkids my love.

Aloha, Hau Kea.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't beat yourself up over this, if anything I would be angry with the shelter.

Why should you have to prove ownership? You taking your potential cat back is better than the cat being euthanized. I am so sorry this all happened. You can do everything right and still people will find a way to do the wrong thing. This isn't your fault, no matter what contracts you make up, no matter how much you screen people these things happen. It totally sucks but you did everything you could. It's mostly frustrating to me that the shelter wouldn't be over joyed that one of the cats could at least go back to where it came from.

On the happy side at least Hau Kea is in a better place doing the things cats should do. I'm very sorry for the loss and guilt you are feeling. *hugs and good vibes*

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just so sorry.
Others have said so much more eloquently what I'm feeling.

I just know you hurt, and I know Hau Kea is now an angel sending love and reassurance your way.

Rest in peace, Hau Kea.

Laurie

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry that this has happened to your beautiful boy!

Play happily at the bridge Hau Kea

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Niall, I cannot tell you how saddened I was to read this news. My heart goes out to you and Teri. RIP sweet boy.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What a gorgeous cat. I'm so sorry he's no longer with us. Nial, you couldn't possibly have know how the woman was going to turn out when you sold Hau Kea to her. Who knows, she may have been completely different back then. It's so sad what he had to go through.
RIP sweet Hau Kea

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Some times all the precautions in the world do not prevent tragedy. It is so sad that such a handsome boy has left us all too early. I believe some animals are just to beautiful & wonderful to be on this earth for very long. His spirit was more than could be held by the rules of this world.