Hef is a godsend

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before he came, poor little Mel had no one. For some reason the cats didn't like her. She didn't like me. She was scrawny and lonely and I'd always find her just sitting off on her own. Then my little Hef showed up. They just clicked. I always walk outside and find them curled up together, or bathing each other, right now they are in my window bopping each other on the head with their paws and play biting each other. It's so great. They were meant to be.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new family member, Hef.

Now Mel has a friend.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have mentioned before that Mel is not adoptable -- is she just too feral? Has she changed any since Hef came around and HE is so loving and trusts you??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

You have mentioned before that Mel is not adoptable -- is she just too feral? Has she changed any since Hef came around and HE is so loving and trusts you??
He hasn't influenced her in that department at all. She just doesn't enjoy being petted. She would flatten her body under my touch and refuse to relax. I haven't been able to actually get near her for a few weeks since giving her the convenia and then taking her to the vet before that. She's started to come near me again, but when I touch her she moves away from me. She just doesn't trust me. I think she is capable of warming up to me, it would just take a LONG time.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, thats super sweet.
Hef is a cutie. Do you think he is living up to his namesake?

I was looking over your cat pages and i love the name Mrs. Mcclenahan.
I never thought to name names that would make the vets office laugh or cringe....its a great idea! i immediately thought of Rue McClanahan from the Golden Girls.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I have seen this before at the shelter. A cat that is terrified of people & seems lonely will suddenly take to another cat. They must have a language we just can not understand. I remember one time we had a cat we had caught in a live trap. He was a very handsome guy, looked kind of like a rag doll. He was fine at the shelter fine with all of us, but never payed much attention to the other cats. Then one day we got a cute little black & white female. She was a stray & very scared. Well he took to her the moment we put her in the cage next to him. She was cowered in the corner of her cage. He reached his paw through & gently touched her. It was like he was saying It's OK. Then every day after that when we opened the cages one of them would crawl in the other one's cage. They just fell in love & the best thing is we found a home willing to adopt them both. So they are still together. I've been volunteering there for 7-8 years & I have never seen anything exactly like it, but cats will always amaze me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Awww, thats super sweet.
Hef is a cutie. Do you think he is living up to his namesake?

I was looking over your cat pages and i love the name Mrs. Mcclenahan.
I never thought to name names that would make the vets office laugh or cringe....its a great idea! i immediately thought of Rue McClanahan from the Golden Girls.
I have no idea where my fiance got the name McClanehan! I thought he made it up until I saw an author by that name at the bookstore!

Originally Posted by Rang_27

You know I have seen this before at the shelter. A cat that is terrified of people & seems lonely will suddenly take to another cat. They must have a language we just can not understand. I remember one time we had a cat we had caught in a live trap. He was a very handsome guy, looked kind of like a rag doll. He was fine at the shelter fine with all of us, but never payed much attention to the other cats. Then one day we got a cute little black & white female. She was a stray & very scared. Well he took to her the moment we put her in the cage next to him. She was cowered in the corner of her cage. He reached his paw through & gently touched her. It was like he was saying It's OK. Then every day after that when we opened the cages one of them would crawl in the other one's cage. They just fell in love & the best thing is we found a home willing to adopt them both. So they are still together. I've been volunteering there for 7-8 years & I have never seen anything exactly like it, but cats will always amaze me.
Oh my goodness, that made me tear up! I'm so thanful for Hef. Every living thing needs someone to love them.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, those are both such sweet stories, I'm tearing up myself!

rainbow_tic_tac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its like a love story, but with cats. I guess it just goes to show that even animals can find love. <3

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Oh my stars, that story made me cry!!!