Found something out about Before Grain canned

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you buy the BG canned, in the cat food it only comes in 3 or 5.5oz... BUT in the dog food section you can buy the large cans

There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE in the food/nutritional content. Same 100% meat and water for processing.

Cheaper to buy the big cans and freeze em if your kitties like it.

The only negative is that there's only certain flavors in the dog food, not all cat flavors are available (example: you can't buy quail in the large can dog food).

Anyways, just thought I'd pass that info on.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you will find this with a number of the grain frees or 95% meats... EVO and Wellness( core) are also that way

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was of the understanding that BG by Merricks is not considered a complete diet and should not be the only food fed. Is this different for other canned foods?

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

you will find this with a number of the grain frees or 95% meats... EVO and Wellness( core) are also that way
That would explain why the youngest cat here was trying to nibble at the dogs 95% chicken wet

IIRC isn't their a brand that makes a wet food for both dog & cat? name slips my brain at the moment though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I was of the understanding that BG by Merricks is not considered a complete diet and should not be the only food fed. Is this different for other canned foods?
BG dog or cat, is 100% meat, therfore being for supplemental purposes only as it does not have anything added (vitamins, etc).

Most other canned food are nutritionally complete and fine for a full wet diet.