HELP!! Advice needed ASAP!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am currently living in my parents basement until I move into my new house.

Last nite, I found out that some of my darned cats tipped an end table over and I had a full cup of Gatorade (fruit punch) on that table. Now, the Gatorade is all over the carpet. I have tried to remove the red stain but have not had any luck.

Any stuff you'd recommend I try for this?? I feel so bad for ruining the carpet!

HELP!!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well in general, I'm not the hugest fan of chemicals, but I am a big fan of Resolve carpet cleaner in the spray can. It's worked wonders on all sorts of stains, spills, and cat pukes.
Red wine too, completely gone. Seriously!

So while I've been transitioning to nontoxic cleaners as bottles of the bad stuff run out, I am still sticking with Resolve. Just maybe put a towel or something on it after you use it so cats don't walk on it and then lick their paws and get sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the carpet is light beige... Will buy some of the stuff you've recommended and see if it works. *crossing fingers*

Thanks!!

Keep the suggestions coming!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't buy anything yet.
Try baking soda and peroxide (homemade oxy clean ) and soak, brush, blot and vac.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ I agree!

I'm pretty much a clean freak and almost all my cleaning supplies are everyday household items. Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, white distilled vinegar, lemons and ordinary salt.
It's a lot cheaper too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Don't buy anything yet.
Try baking soda and peroxide (homemade oxy clean ) and soak, brush, blot and vac.
How much do I put? Do I pour one layer of baking soda on the stain then pour peroxide (how much?) on top of that or do I mix baking soda/peroxide together first then put on the stains?

Also will this still work even though the stain happened yesterday morning?

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Have you tried Oxiclean??
I am a big fan of Oxiclean. I've cleaned my carpets with it, and cleaned the most disgusting soap scum off bathroom tubs & tile, and even used it to clean burned on gunk from pots, pans and casseroles. Once I was cleaning a foreclosure home that was really yucky - took down the wood blinds & spread them on the driveway - bucket of Oxi and long handled toilet brush, rinsed and hung on the fence to dry. They looked like new!

Dissolve it in hot water and go to work!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cover spots with a dusting of baking soda, then pour the peroxide over it.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Goop!! I swear that stuff takes the stains out of EVERYTHING!!

Just put a layer on the carpet (dry not wet) and let it sit overnight then wash it off... and it does come in an orange scent.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

How much do I put? Do I pour one layer of baking soda on the stain then pour peroxide (how much?) on top of that or do I mix baking soda/peroxide together first then put on the stains?

Also will this still work even though the stain happened yesterday morning?
From another post here and maybe from the same poster who suggested in here:

2 cups 3% hydrogen peroxide
2 t. baking soda
2 drops liquid dish soap

Mix gently (no shaking), apply enough to saturate stain and blot excess after 24 hours and allow to dry. Repeat 1-2 times if necessary, allowing to dry thoroughly between applications. Not for use on fine wood furniture, oriental rugs or some leathers (do a test spot first).

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spot Shot (the aerosol, not the pump) is the best stain remover I've ever used. It's a carpet stain remover, but I use it for everything....carpet, clothing, upholstery. It's great!