Traveling gifts

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the beau is going to be going to China and possibly parts of Europe for a business trip in June and I want to buy him something to take with him to remind him of me. And while I plan on packing a few notes and a picture or 2 in his suitcase when he isnt paying attention I would also like to buy or make him something that he can use every day.
Anyone have any ideas?

A bit about him:
We have been dating for 6 (almost 6 1/2) years
He loves cars, autocross, electronics, computers, and cooking
He's kind of a quiet guy at first
He has never been out of the country

I love him a bunch and just want to do something sweet for him.

Also he will not be staying in a hotel. He's going to be in the companies apartment so I dont really need anything hotel related.
He also has a webcam so we can skype.

The only thing I have thought of is a nice watch maybe one that you can have 2 time zones on...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Well the beau is going to be going to China and possibly parts of Europe for a business trip in June and I want to buy him something to take with him to remind him of me. And while I plan on packing a few notes and a picture or 2 in his suitcase when he isnt paying attention I would also like to buy or make him something that he can use every day.
Anyone have any ideas?

A bit about him:
We have been dating for 6 (almost 6 1/2) years
He loves cars, autocross, electronics, computers, and cooking
He's kind of a quiet guy at first
He has never been out of the country

I love him a bunch and just want to do something sweet for him.
what is you budget?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

what is you budget?
Um I dont really have one at the moment. But probably around $75USD but that is pretty flexible. If I find something that I really love and know he would love I dont care to spend more.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the watch is a great idea. That way he'll always know "your time" as well as his!

Maybe make him a tape/CD/cellphone recording of a message from you? Or if he has an ipod or the like, make him a playlist for the plane ride of songs that remind him of you?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Um I dont really have one at the moment. But probably around $75USD but that is pretty flexible. If I find something that I really love and know he would love I dont care to spend more.
I travel for business a lot, and one of the most useful /can't live without things for me is my iGO Charger. It charges all my electronics - laptop. camera, bluetooth, blackberry anywhere - in the wall outlet, in the plane (under the seats), and in the car. You buy the adapters, and the tips...
It is a God sent for a long international trip, as you don't need to depend on batteries to watch movies, or to work on your laptop.
Anyway - if he travels, this is a gift he will truly cherish.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I travel for business a lot, and one of the most useful /can't live without things for me is my iGO Charger. It charges all my electronics - laptop. camera, bluetooth, blackberry anywhere - in the wall outlet, in the plane (under the seats), and in the car. You buy the adapters, and the tips...
It is a God sent for a long international trip, as you don't need to depend on batteries to watch movies, or to work on your laptop.
Anyway - if he travels, this is a gift he will truly cherish.
Speaking of outlets... make sure he has the right sort of converters so he can plug his electronics in to the walls!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I first started reading your post, I thought you were asking for advice on gifts for him to bring you from China,
. I was all set to give some sage advice. You really are sweet!
I think the time zone watch is a great idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the suggestions guys! I have been looking for a watch a bit but havent found any I really love yet. I plan on going to a few jewelry stores during my lunch break. So fa for ideas I have a watch, power converters and chargers, wallet pictures, a thumb drive of music, and a memory foam pillow! But keep them coming! and also what should i tell him to bring me back? sorry for lack of formatting in this post! Typing it on my cell! lol