Another of my Bengals needs saving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=6803514

I'm fairly certain that the bengal lying down in the kennel, at 01:21 in the video clip is a titled spotted seal mink I sold to this woman several years ago.
His name is Hau Kea.

I had no idea she became a hoarder. Now I just need my boy out of there and back where he'll be taken care of.

Any members from Flint, Michigan? The cats are at Genesee County Animal Control.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I'm too far away. If I weren't 2 weeks from my due date we would go get him though. We do have several MI members though... hopefully one of them can help out. He's a beautiful cat!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry! I wish I was somewhere near Michigan, but not at all... Oh God, I hope you can get him back!
How would the person identify him at the shelter, though? I mean, is there anyways to check on him over the phone?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sad situation. I'm too far away to actually go get him, but would be willing/able to help with transport through Ohio if we can get him back to you.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nial have you contacted one of the MODS to get them to see who may be near? I hope you get him back really really soon.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AddieBee is from Michigan, I think from the Detroit area? Not sue how close that is to Flint. Keycube and Pookie-poo are also from Michigan
I'll see if I can find any others and PM them this

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, katie. I PM'd Nial. I am about an hour from Flint. If that is his bengal, I told him I would help by pulling the cat, but I cannot hang onto him. My mom abhores cats, so someone else would have to take him in.

I might be able to do it through our rescue, but I need to hear from Nial if he needs assistance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the support and offers of help! I truly appreciate it.

Current status is that we have contacted the shelter and have been met with some resistance. At this point after I get in touch with someone that will listen, I have to prove:

1. That it is Hau Kea in the video clip or that he is at the shelter

2. That I have the right to take possesion of him

I do have my ducks in a row though. I have a contract on Hau Kea that states he is to be returned to us if the owner can't keep him and that he's not to be in a shelter, rescue or the humane society. He is micro-chipped in our names, unless she changed it to her name. I have all the original documentation of his air shipment to Michigan. I have copies of all his titles, awards and his TICA registration showing we owned him. I also have dozens of photos of him from every angle in order to positively ID him.

Also I would like to point out that anyone who can help me with this won't be out of pocket for anything. Teri and I will fund everything to get Hau Kea returned to us.

Thanks guys!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not anywhere near Michigan, but just posting to lend moral support. I hope for the safe return of your cat and am sorry for the difficulty you are going through.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I froze the video at 1:21 on the counter.. that is a beautiful cat! And he looks scared out of his mind! Poor baby.
As I said, let me know what I can do.

Some of the others look like PBs too... there is one marble cat - cream and mink maybe? .... Geez....

I hope you can get through to the director tomorrow.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, all I can do is add my vibes and hope that he gets returned to you ASAP with minimul difficulty, and much appreciation for anyone that can help coordinate his safe return!!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep me posted. I can be down to Flint and back home with him in about 2 hours. As I mentioned in my PM, I have a loving caregiver available until we can get the arrangements made to get him back to you.

Good luck! My prayers are with you and Hau Kea.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Please keep me posted. I can be down to Flint and back home with him in about 2 hours. As I mentioned in my PM, I have a loving caregiver available until we can get the arrangements made to get him back to you.

Good luck! My prayers are with you and Hau Kea.
If this comes to pass and it is Nial's cat, let's be in touch. Honestly, I DON'T have a place for him; I cannot personally foster due to my living situation. I'd have to arrange for something perhaps through my rescue group.

It might be faster to fly him through Detroit then, say, Flint Bishop airport.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and vibes that Nial gets his PB back
My in-laws are in Burton (once part of Flint) and my niece-in-law is a cat lover, so if all else fails, don't hesitate to PM me & maybe I can call on her for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.