Kitten Kam is up and running!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We now have a live feed going to our kittens!

So if you want to watch the little ones, go here - http://kittenkam.andrew.net.au/

There's also a time delay thing, so you can watch what they've been doing on fast forward

I'm about to try and get a better angle on the camera, so you may see me appear in a few minutes

And this is a YouTube video from earlier today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYp2...e=channel_page

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have a purr-a-thon going on.

I have the kitten kam open.

The video shows how precious they all are.

They are all, including Mama Gigi, pure love itself.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The live feed is just a red X for me but the fast forward works. At first I didnt know it was fast forward and saw Momma cat looking pannicked pacing everywhere, then I realized it was fast

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The live feed doesn't work for me, but the time-lapsed one does.

The video is simply precious. Look at those fat and happy babies, and Gigi is such a good mom! Her eyes are stunning.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The live feed is stuck at 16:52:55 for me, and has been since I checked 1/2 hour ago. The fast forward works, though.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a still image using Mozilla-Firefox. It shows a time lapse of 16:52, but there are no controls. Just a still image.

When I open it in IE 7, on the left is a large square that has a red X in it and says "Delayed Live Feed", but there is no video. It's just blank white like the video is missing. To the right is another large square of the same size that actually has a video. It says "Time Lapsed". There are controls with this one. However, the video plays at the speed of light and runs out at 10:44.

I did see the YouTube one! Mom looks so happy! And what a motor! She sure loves her scritches. Hopefully she'll be able to find a furever home. She's a doll!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby's still working on the live feed, it'll be sorted by late tonight.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now it's working!
Gigi is so cute with her crossed eyes!
I just saw you petting her!

Is it normal that the refresh rate per frame is a few seconds? I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just asking!
The new camera angle is perfect! She seems to finally got her act together, and has both her and her kittens on the bed!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!! I just moved them all to a bigger cage, which she handled really well, but she seems a little overwhelmed by all the space

The refresh rate was a lot faster, but the way it's set up now, it would be too data intensive to do that, so it's dropped back to a frame every couple of seconds.

I just changed the camera angle again so it's a bit closer and looking through the bars.

There may a few glitches here and there as DH tweaks it a little more, but it should be ok enough to watch! Just need to make sure when I go in there I'm fully dressed

Edit: Oh and the time lapse will be up and running again by tomorrow night most likely.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I tuned in, Gigi turned around and looked at the camera. That made me laugh!
Love the live feed - this is very cool!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're all asleep now - I want to go in there and make them do something now that we have an audience...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

When I tuned in, Gigi turned around and looked at the camera. That made me laugh!
Love the live feed - this is very cool!
Her food and water is in the corner where the camera is, so she'll be there a bit!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

They're all asleep now - I want to go in there and make them do something now that we have an audience...
Oh, we're patient!
Just wait until tomorrow...you'll have quite an audience then!
You should put the link in your sig so it's easier to find for those looking for it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Oh, we're patient!
Just wait until tomorrow...you'll have quite an audience then!
You should put the link in your sig so it's easier to find for those looking for it.
I will once it's stable

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo I can't wait to see! Due to ISP problems I have been reduced back to dail up till the 13th and I can't wait to get back to high speed (Whole different story for another thread, grrrrrrrrrr, hissssssssss)
Well heck going to attempt to take a peek anyway!

Well that didn't work so well, but did see. Um, whats with the big green rubber glove?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't checked out the live feed yet, but did look at the video. Gigi is a big sweetheart!
Are you sure she's feral? She sure loves to be petted for a feral. And she's cross-eyed. I have never seen that except in a Siamese!
and the surviving kits look fat and happy!