Where to buy Wellness food at a discount?

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ally and Ollie seem to be happy with Wellness food, both dry and canned.

I want to get a case of every flavor canned food they have for as well as a bunch of bags of kitten dry food - if bags can come by the case, maybe a case of bags too. I guess since there's only 1 kitten canned food, I should get 2 cases of that.

Where can I buy this at a discount?

I can buy locally in Minneapolis, MN when I move early next month, or order online and have it delivered there now (the complex has a key and will let it be delivered without me present).

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Problem with ordering too much in advance....is you don't know what the expiration date will be. And I did that once, the kitty ended up on an Rx diet for life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
good point. I tend to think that it would last 6 months, which is how long it was supposed to cover my two kittens... but I should check.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many times, also - if you order you will pay hefty shipping costs. Sometimes it's easier to buy locally once you get moved to MN, as then you can 1) check out the pet stores 2) check exp. date yourself 3) shop around for prices.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cool. I'll definitely be up there by 6/27. There's a Petco in Minnetonka, not too far from where I'll be living.

denali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Contact Wellness and request coupons for canned food. I have heard of some people calling every month for coupons and Wellness will send them to them. Also buy the 12.5oz cans as they are cheaper when you calculate them out. Check out smaller stores rather than the big chain stores - sometimes they sell Wellness cheaper. Also, when you buy a case ask if they give a discount for buying by the case. I have a few stores where I live that do this for customers - from a 5-10% discount and you can also use a manufacturers coupon on top of that. Also, check prices on pet food stores online....example Petfooddirect will give 20% off if you use the code "catchat" on every order....you can play with the shipping and it can work out cheaper to buy online rather than in store.

Good luck!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

Cool. I'll definitely be up there by 6/27. There's a Petco in Minnetonka, not too far from where I'll be living.
My sister used to live in Eden Prairie and went to a small local pet shop in Minnetonka. She took me there a few times when we visited--they carried excellent products & catnip toys. They also don't sell pets. I remember they carried Wellness, that was where she bought Wellness for her cats. They had pretty good prices.