Nearing the end

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaz's life can now be measured in hours I'm afraid.
She's lost weight and muscle mass and has progressed to twitching, incontinence and congestive heart failure.

She's weak, but alert and managing to stay comfortable.
She still eats and drinks and puts forth the effort to purr when her ears are getting scratched.
We have stopped treating and are now just supporting and making her comfortable.
It is my strongest hope that she goes peacefully in her sleep, or stays comfortable until she can see a vet tomorrow.

This is the absolute worst part of living in the middle of nowhere on the weekends.

Please send prayers or vibes that she passes quietly, or stays strong enough to leave with assistance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bullhead city is the closest, but no vehicle on the weekends.
If she does start to get uncomfortable, I can fall back on local animal control.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im really sorry to hear this Arlyn. Sending many vibes that way for her to be comfortable, vibes for you, too.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From this tortie-mom comes tons of for a peaceful and easy passing for that beautiful girl, and
for you.

Please give her some
and
from me and my crew.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding my thoughts of a peaceful and painless passing for your beautiful girl.
Lots of
for you too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

Spaz had a fantastic night and is much improved, she will be with me another day.
At this point though, we are just going to go one day at a time.
She's been up, eating and drinking like a champ, even joined in the feed me chorus last night. She's been initiating cuddles and headbutts and though still incontinent, she managed two litterbox trips.
She dislikes being cleaned up after her accidents though.
With congestive heart failure though, I know she will not recover, and we (my family and I) are prepared, and I have told her that it's ok, she can go join B.C. at the bridge.
She fighting more than I expected, but I cannot assist her in passing until she's quite ready to go.

Spaz will get whatever she wants, whenever she wants and is going to be even more spoiled.

So please, keep her in your prayers.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many and prayers for your sweet Spaz.
to you as you support her in her last days. May they be very sweet.