Question of the Day May 10th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Today's question is a two-parter:

What was your favorite subject, and least favorite subject in school?

My favorite was history, I am a bit of a history buff and still enjoy learning about it. My least favorite was math, factions and I just couldn't get along.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any science was favorite, and math was least. Try to make sense out of that one since I loved physics.

luvs2be

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't post much but, Happy Mother's day to all!

Fav. Subject: None really but I guess Science. Leastfav: Math

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In high school my favorite subject was architecture. My least favorite was history. I even failed history my junior year and had to repeat it my senior year. Chemistry and physics completely bored me also.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Loved history (still do); hated math. (still do!)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loved Science (and aced it) hated math (and I'm still numerically illiterate)

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I barely remember high school, it was so long ago. I detested anything math oriented. In college, I loved all of the science classes; anatomy & physiology, biology, chemistry. Even my nursing math wasn't so bad!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Morning All!!!

Today's question is a two-parter:

What was your favorite subject, and least favorite subject in school?
Favorite subject: english (literature, creative writing), computers (web design/development), accounting and biology (won an award for the highest mark out of the entire school, for the whole school year....was quite proud of that one)

Least favorite: history (ugg, thank goodness we only needed 1 for HS diploma), geography coming in second.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, dear -- back in the Dark Ages! Favourite: any language -- English, French, Latin. Least favourite: History -- though I did have one History teacher who managed to make it something more than kingsqueensbattleskingsqueensbattleskingsqueensbattles -- I didn't mind History class that year, but I still did abysmally.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always hated school (not necessarily learning). I came home from kindergarten and asked my mom how long does this thing last?

Favorite: Science, History and Math (Science did ok, History did ok, Math didn't do to hot but liked it anyway)

Hated: English and PE

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LotsO'Cats

I always hated school (not necessarily learning). I came home from kindergarten and asked my mom how long does this thing last?

I was never overly thrilled with school either
but I did well in anything English, Science, History, Art, Civil Law and a Business course I took. I hated Math, PE and Home Ec - yech.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hated: English and PE
I never considered PE a subject
but than I got out of anything PE related as soon as I could. I even got out of it one year by helping my science teacher - I'd clean, grade, help research stuff, etc.

Just wondering - those that say they liked and did ok in science classes but not math, is everyone referring to basic science classes like earth science/ agriculture, and biology - "soft science"? Because Chemistry has a lot of math and Physics is math.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's funny you mentioned Home EC. I took Home EC the one year that I was at a middle school (I was home schooled after 6th grade) and remember making some HORRIBLE cookies
and I also tried to sew something and it also turned out horrible (still can't sew to this day...even with a machine! It all falls apart
) I bake and cook VERY well now...thank God!

Originally Posted by lil maggie

I was never overly thrilled with school either
but I did well in anything English, Science, History, Art, Civil Law and a Business course I took. I hated Math, PE and Home Ec - yech.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ended up home schooling after 6th grade and didn't even graduate HS. Like I said I hated school.
So when I think of school setting I'm talking about K-6th (don't count the Home School yrs.)

PE was still work and I'm horrible at sports (the one year I was at the middle school they had a "contest" to make baskets in a basketball hoop and I never could do it...I'll never forget that) so that's why I considered it a subject

Originally Posted by strange_wings

but than I got out of anything PE related as soon as I could. I even got out of it one year by helping my science teacher - I'd clean, grade, help research stuff, etc.

Just wondering - those that say they liked and did ok in science classes but not math, is everyone referring to basic science classes like earth science/ agriculture, and biology - "soft science"? Because Chemistry has a lot of math and Physics is math.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite was cosmetology and photography. My least favourite was history.

My high school had some courses that were fun. Photography was fun and we got to go on trips. Cosmetology was fun because I got to get my hair and nails done at school.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's funny you mentioned Home EC. I took Home EC the one year that I was at a middle school (I was home schooled after 6th grade) and remember making some HORRIBLE cookies
and I also tried to sew something and it also turned out horrible (still can't sew to this day...even with a machine! It all falls apart
) I bake and cook VERY well now...thank God!
I hated Home Ec and I still can't sew or cook well

Originally Posted by strange_wings

That would be earth science. I never took chemistry or biology and I'm not sure why