May 2009 Photo Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The theme for May 2009 is: “Just this side of heaven...” or Rainbow Bridge kitties.

Basics:
NO CATS CAN BE HARMED FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST! Mildly annoyed , yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying).

1. More than one photograph per member is allowed this month, but no more than one photograph per RB cat may be entered. To allow for decent sized photos of all cats, please no more than three (3) per member, though more than one cat can be featured in the photo.
2.Rights to the winning photographs are granted to www.thecatsite.com for use in future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public.

Photography

1. Photo and all rights must be owned by the submitter.
2.Photo must be clear, focused, not manipulated by Photoshop (basic altering such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed) and apply to the theme of the month.

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo for future purposes. Depending on the number of entries, the names may or may not be featured on the calendar.

The calendar will include a collage of ALL Rainbow Bridge (those no longer physically with us) cats entered this month.

Since the photos used for the calendar this month will be smaller than for the other month, the photos will be downloaded from this thread. We ask that the photos please be as large as possible or 480 x 600, since the calendar images are made at 300 dpi. However, we understand that many of these images will be from older photographs that may not be great quality to begin with, and we will work with all of them.

Deadline for submission is May 31, 2009.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

For all 2009 Photo Contest Themes, click here!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to be hard.
You pick what pictures to use.
Those are my only pictures of Stripe and Patches.
I would like to use the picture with the 3 cats and Patches and Stormy
for the three pictures.
Yoshi will have to be left out.

Some of my photos have Rainbows added to them so they can not be used.
Patches

Butterscotch,Whitie and Stripe

Stormy

Yoshi

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great idea for May!

Here are my submissions

Tigger

Honey

Muggins

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is beautiful Coco - a black Oriental who we had for 17 years. She went over the RB in January 2007. She's getting grey here, she was near her end, but elegant as always.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Am I allowed to enter pictures of someone else's cat? I do not have any RB kitties of my own, but I do have pictures of my SIL's cat shortly before he crossed the bridge at the age of about 18 years.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
gosh, I have so many

Demeter, Zeus & Ismene- looking at this pic makes my heart skip a beat

Antigone

Gaia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Am I allowed to enter pictures of someone else's cat? I do not have any RB kitties of my own, but I do have pictures of my SIL's cat shortly before he crossed the bridge at the age of about 18 years.
The only real criteria is that you own the rights to the picture you submit, meaning that you took the picture.
Of course, if you have expressed permission, that would work too.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think some TCS members deserve their own page for their RB kitties with all the rescue work they do. I'm not sure how they do it. One RB kitty is enough for me!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My angel

Alley

Sorry, but I do not have a better quality or larger photo.

Alley's half-sister Stinky

Their adopted brother Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.