Why I need baby gates...

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiko, my chief trouble-maker.

I'm pretty sure this little dinker-do would stop at nothing if he knew all of those fun birds and squirrels were only a flimsy screen away. I even had to make a spacer so there was no gap at the top, since he always looked ready to jump to the top of the uppermost baby gate. I was afraid he would fall between the baby gates and the screen, and be trapped!

Perpetual owner paranoia and a mischievous cat are an anxiety-ridden cocktail, to be sure.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good idea. I'll have to measure my windows & see if I can find a baby gate that fits. Jordan was trying to cram himself between the window & the screen last night.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great use of baby gates!
He does look like he would dive right out there if he could.

Another idea along those same lines is using trellis cut to size for windows (or patio doors). Lets the fresh air in, keeps the kitties in while they are looking out, and doesn't even look too bad from the outside (in case you have irritating neighbors or an HOA).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

...and doesn't even look too bad from the outside.
Yeah, I have to laugh whenever I look at my apartment from the outside, all three windows "barricaded" with baby gates. The neighbors probably think I'm hunkered down in the corner with an Uzi, with trip wires and booby traps everywhere.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keycube

Yeah, I have to laugh whenever I look at my apartment from the outside, all three windows "barricaded" with baby gates. The neighbors probably think I'm hunkered down in the corner with an Uzi, with trip wires and booby traps everywhere.
Close. Cats make good booby traps.