Ugggh, need to call the oral surgeon today...

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's dry socket, or if the molar on my bottom-right jaw has more damage from my wisdom tooth than they thought, but I don't think I'm supposed to have throbbing pain on that side 5 days after surgery.

If it's dry socket, it's probably because of my age and the fact that I use BC. *sigh* I just need to remember to call their office today and get in ASAP.

For the time being, I'm using a warm compress and rinsing my mouth still with warm salt water.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BC can cause dry socket when you get your wisdom teeth removed? Great. Just dropped another notch down from getting this done in the near future!

Hope you get it figured out soon and the pain goes away. I cant imagine throbbing pain for so long!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

BC can cause dry socket when you get your wisdom teeth removed? Great. Just dropped another notch down from getting this done in the near future!

Hope you get it figured out soon and the pain goes away. I cant imagine throbbing pain for so long!
It's not that it can cause dry socket, it's that it increases your chance of getting one. Age will do that too. The older you are, the higher your risk.

And I called and they said that it mostly sounds like rebound pain from reducing my pain meds (I should know better...I get rebound headaches). I'm to keep taking the ibuprofen, 800mg, every 4-6 hours. If it doesn't get better (it has so far this morning) or it gets worse than it was (which it hasn't), I'm to call them back.

Phew...got a little worried there.