does anyone else have polydactyl cats?

cuyahogafire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 3 polydactyl cats at home. Polydactyl cats are cats that have extra toes on thier feet. they look super cool. my one cat Lynxie looks like he has 6 paws it so cute
just wondering if anyone else has these kind of cats

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fiona does. I love how she uses them as catchers mitts to catch toys in mid-air!

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have about 7 of these guys who have been surrendered to me this year. They are so awesome with all the fun things they can do with their extra toes.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breellablue

I have about 7 of these guys who have been surrendered to me this year. They are so awesome with all the fun things they can do with their extra toes.
Yeah, opposable thumbs make all the difference sometimes...

My family has one my brother has aptly described the "seven-toed sloth" aka Midori or Squeaky kitty. Real sweety, likes to grab your hands with her double thumbs and lick them all over and then pulls it up to her head so you can groom her head for her.

This is kinda gruesome, but I have a cat loving friend who can't conciously keep a poly cat because she knew somebody who was kind of nuts who would keep all the polys she found on her property (I think they were farm cats) and drown the 'normal' kittens. She can't look at one without thinking about that, sad huh?

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Genna is a poly but only on one paw! first time I ever saw that. When I was little my Ginger was a poly, I love poly's.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Freya's polydactyl...and uses the opposable thumbs to thier fullest. She can open most of the doors inthe house and likes to d chin-ups in our windows. She's also great at catching and throwing (amuses herself for hours sometimes
)

She's got extra on all four feet and it was actually one of the first things we noticed because none of us had ever seen it before. As it is, her feet stick out when she sleeps sometimes becaus eI don't think she quite knows where to put them.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have a Pixe Bob named Aurora who is poly on all 4 feet. Her front feet have 2 extra toes each and they are split mitt, which makes it look like she has mittens on. She can easily pick stuff up with those feet too, because the extra toes almost work like thumbs

By the way, welcome to the site from a fellow Ohioan

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's my Sons cat "Howie". He uses those paws like hands. He also has extra toes on the back legs too. His paws look like catchers mitts.

He's quite a sweet cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cuyahogafire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
all your kittys are all so sweet and cute I love them

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, but I had one as a child. His name was Smoke and he was the sweetest thing. I've read that a good purr-sonality is a trait to polydactyl cats. I don't know if its true, but he never once bit me, though he was semi-feral when I got him. He was wonderful and is now resting in peace.