Hid something for safe keeping and can't find it!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm interested in the local history where I live and about a year ago bought a telephone directory from the 60's which I really enjoyed looking through. I wanted to keep it in good condition, so I put it away and now I forgot where I hid it! Besides my three cats, I live alone, so no one took it or moved it.

One of these days I'll have to go "In search of..." and find it!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do that entirely too much. I know I put something in a 'safe place' and can't find it... such a safe place... even safe from myself!! I also live alone with just the cats... so I know no one took those items... I figure at this point, that I'll be moving in the next few months, so I'll find those things then! I'd love to find my old Rayban sunglasses frames, so I could update the lenses... they're .... somewhere. Hopefully before I move.

Good luck finding that directory!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heavens I do that all the time. I find Christmas presents in July that I bought last August or September for someone on my Christmas list, put it away and forgot about it.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so nice to know I'm not the only one that does that. I'll do that kind of thing all the time & think "Now if I were me, where would I have put that?" sometimes I find it sometimes I don't. So maybe the problem is I don't know myself well enough.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

I'm interested in the local history where I live and about a year ago bought a telephone directory from the 60's which I really enjoyed looking through. I wanted to keep it in good condition, so I put it away and now I forgot where I hid it! Besides my three cats, I live alone, so no one took it or moved it.

One of these days I'll have to go "In search of..." and find it!
That does sound interesting! Maybe if you sit in a quiet room with your eyes closed and keep picturing the last time you paged through it, it might come to you. That sometimes works for me but most times I remember things when I'm not thinking at all about it, like at a weird time I blurt out OH I REMEMBER and get strange looks

Good luck!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This brings to mind a christmas present my parents bought for my niece and hid it so well that they found it about 10 years later.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I do that entirely too much. I know I put something in a 'safe place' and can't find it... such a safe place... even safe from myself!! I also live alone with just the cats... so I know no one took those items... I figure at this point, that I'll be moving in the next few months, so I'll find those things then! I'd love to find my old Rayban sunglasses frames, so I could update the lenses... they're .... somewhere. Hopefully before I move.

Good luck finding that directory!
You'll be surprised how many things you expect you'll find DON'T turn up!

We live in an RV and hide stuff we can't find!

Laurie

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did that with my car payment book last December. I was in a hurry and didn't put it back where it normally goes. I even remember thinking I would have problems finding it next month when I put it up and come January I couldn't find it. I ended up paying an extra $12 in January to do check by phone and I ordered another payment book. I haven't found the old book yet.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I got a refund check from my mortgage escrow account. I was in a hurry to go somewhere so instead of putting where it belonged I just tucked it under something to keep the cats from shredding it. Four months later I still can't find it.