Introducing Barney

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I finally gave in and got another one...he put his little paw out of the cage and I was in love
He's around 8 months old and a real love...

Without further ado, here's the first pics of Barney (although we call him "Buddy" a lot, so that name may be up for debate)

Here's why we can't get any full body shots

A short video of him attacking my apron:
http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/JellyBella/?action=view&current=Barney5_09014.flv

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! Look at that floofy tail! How are you resident cats reacting??

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome boy. Of course you couldn't resist. How are Stan and Bella handling their new brother?

P.S. Barney's tail is awesome. It's bigger than both my boys' tails put together.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny that I'm posting right after Betsy... I was going to say with those soulful eyes and amazing tail, he reminds me a lot of her Ferris. And that's a HUGE compliment!

Barney is simply stunning, and the only doubt I have about being captivated by him in the shelter is why he was still there at all! It's no wonder he grabbed your heart with a little paw through the cage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

What a handsome boy. Of course you couldn't resist. How are Stan and Bella handling their new brother?

P.S. Barney's tail is awesome. It's bigger than both my boys' tails put together.
So far so good. They've had limited supervised contact. Right now as I type Stan is sleeping about two feet away from Barney. Bella is not yet convinced. She has done some hissing (once fully justified --he tried to stick his nose in her bowl while she was eating
)

We are doing the vanilla trick and keeping them in separate parts of the house when we can't supervise. They play "pawsies" under the door. We had a good play session this afternoon and everyone was pooped at the end.

I'm in love with that big fluffy tail too
it's bigger than he is

I agree that is quite a compliment --I'm a Ferris fan too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some folks ask how the intros were going...pretty good. We don't leave him out all the time, but when he does come out it has been mostly peaceful and he joins Bella & Stan at mealtime...