Anyone have an animal related tattoo?

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to get a tattoo someday. I want something that shows I'm an animal lover, but not an actually animal. I saw one that was a paw print with a heart around it, it was very cute. Anyone here have a cool tattoo?

I also want something swedish related since I'm part swedish and I'd like my tattoos to mean something. For that I'm either going to get Hamna, which is swedish for "to end with" (I think) and was chosen for one of the most beautiful words in language. Or a part of the swedish national anthem.

Of course, these will be very small and in a place that is easily covered, since I don't know what I want my career to be, so I want to make sure I can cover them up.

EDIT: Even if you don't have an animal related tattoo, share if you want!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think that is a cool idea for a tattoo!! I dont have one, but i want to get one, not big and hidden as well. Of the Cheshire cat, and maybe a horseshoe of some kind not too sure yet, because i too want to get one that has to do with animals, particularly something to do with cats and horses.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my tattoo thread. My tat is on my back, and is pretty large, so I thought it deserved its own thread.

I have a few others, and all but one are animal related. A set of bear paw prints, a pair of cheetah cubs playing with each other, a memorial tat with two hummingbirds, and one that is a lion cub and a tiger cub playing with a feather together. Plus my back tat (Elsa and her cub) and my very first tat, which is a tiny rosebud I drew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Here's my tattoo thread. My tat is on my back, and is pretty large, so I thought it deserved its own thread.

I have a few others, and all but one are animal related. A set of bear paw prints, a pair of cheetah cubs playing with each other, a memorial tat with two hummingbirds, and one that is a lion cub and a tiger cub playing with a feather together. Plus my back tat (Elsa and her cub) and my very first tat, which is a tiny rosebud I drew.
That's great!! Thank goodness your daughter was okay!! Thanks for sharing!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three different lizard tattoos. I was going to get Rosie the Riveter, but by that time, Hubby was part of the equation and he doesn't like the idea. At some point, I would like to get small vines circled around my wrist then going at least partway up my arms with morning glory flowers. Hubby is not happy with that idea either

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several tattoos but nothing animal related in the sense you mean I don't think. I do have a dragon on one of my shoulders. I also have a butterfly on my back that I'm going to turn into a butterfly family. The one there is for me, I'm going to add one for my husband, one for my son and a cocoon for our little angel. Most of the rest are tribal/celtic patterns and things.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three tattoo's all of Celtic design. The last one I got which is on my collarbone is an optical illusion. It is a Celtic knot but if you stare at it long enough you can see the outline of a cats face.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Of course, these will be very small and in a place that is easily covered, since I don't know what I want my career to be, so I want to make sure I can cover them up.

EDIT: Even if you don't have an animal related tattoo, share if you want!
Personally I quit counting my tattoos LMAO..... I'm working on a full leg and a full back and love talking or showing off ink.

Animals: I have a horse head, butterfly, and a big horse on my back, oh and a fantasy frog.

In the order I got them:

1. baby bottle with my daughter's name in it (Kendra) on my ankle. First tattoo at 19.

2. Pegasus on my right bicep ( seen a piece of flash, liked it at the time, and got it....have had it redone 3 times now)

original:

second:

third: don't have pic of it but we added a wizard, more sky, more enhanced rocks and some fire under the wizard. Looks good now, only thing I'll have done to it is enhance the color in 10yrs or so.

3. Little cherub type fairy, added on top of the baby bottle.... my daughter got to pick the color of dress she was wearing, and the fairy has blond hair, as my daughter.

4. Little cherub fairy on the other ankle, my daughter chose the colour of dress and this one has brown hair.

5. Fairy #1: my first bigger piece (3hrs start to finish) back of my calf.

6. Fairy #2: side of same leg (2.5hrs)

7. Fairy #3: other side of same leg (3 hrs)

8. Fairy #4: same leg, but on my thigh... covers the front of my thigh from about 4-5" above kneecap to groin. My first 2 sitting one, 1.5hrs for the outlining, roughly 3hrs colouring.

I don't have a pic of this one, but here's what it was based on:

http://www.idobelieve.co.uk/Amy%20Br...nwildviol.html

We did some modifications to it, she is wearing less clothes (different top, loin cloth), no flowers on the leaves she's sitting on, different colouring, etc. I absolutely love this one.

9. Fantasy woman/horse head on left bicep

Crappy pic, but..... I've since added to it. There's a ring of dragonflies and stars circling it. Both my bicep tattoos are about the same length now

10. Butterfly and flowers on my breast.

You can kinda see it in this pic:

Yah, I didn't like how my face turned out in that pic, so I covered it. But you can see the redone tattoo #2, fairy #4, and the butterfly one. You can see the butterfly and one of the flowers, there are 2 other flowers that flower along the natural curves of my breast. Significance of this one, I am the butterfly, 3 flowers represent my children and my husband all close to my heart. I will never tattoo a man's name on me, so the symbolism in this tattoo was of great importance to me.

11. Starting of my back:

3hrs for what you see, and that isn't even completed. The fairy has wings, nice feathered wings, if you look closely you can see the top rib of the wings... but my skin was done for the day and too inflamed to continue.

Part 2 will be going back to finish the outline, and start colouring the horse. Part3 Will be colouring the fairy and working on the water that they will be standing in.

I'm looking at at least 10 more hours for the horse and fairy... plus background work. Once completed will be upwards of 25-30hrs total time on my back if not more.

12. Fantasy frog on a bubble: on my thigh below fairy #4.

These are all older pics, I haven't gotten any new ink since New Yrs eve 2007/08. I'm hoping to get my weight back down to what I was in these pics so I can go back and get more work done on my back.

I do want to get a tattoo of a snake, but have yet to get a good realistic drawing of one. I don't want it to look fake/funny/whatever, I want it to be realistic..... not sure where I'm putting it tho LOL.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to see pics of other peoples tat's
The OP said even if they aren't animal related, its ok to post. (that's why I did). Everyone who has mentioned their tattoos, sound great.... pics if you got em?

Gingersmom: very nice artwork

poppy0109

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chris, I love all your fairies!
I've been thinking about getting a fairy on my hip. Something like this...

I currently have 4 tattoos.

I have a unicorn on my back. It was my first tattoo, 16 years ago. I just recently had 2 moles removed from it...so he's missing one ear and part of the tribal is messed up.

Then I got a tiny little hummingbird with tiny little flowers on my chest but it was too tiny and didn't look good so I got it covered with flowers. I was going to have a hummingbird too...if you look closely you can see an opening in the top flower...but the hummingbird would have been too far over in the middle of my chest and I would then be limited on the shirts I could wear to work so I decided not to get it. Sometime in the near future I want to add more flowers that go up and over my shoulder onto my back and put the hummingbird on my back.

I have an astrology tattoo that wraps around my ankle.

And...my newest one I got last year. A lotus with the word hope on the back of my neck. I drew a crappy sketch of what I wanted and I had an asian coworker right the word and the tattooist did a great job putting it all together. She added the water to balance it out. I'm definitely going to have her tattoo me again!

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The pic I have of my tatt is from when it was fresh. Anyway I got my first [and the first of many hopefully!] tattoo last May. It is a horse head with 'Hope' written in elvish next to it. The horse for me represents freedom and power. The 'Hope' is to remind me that when things are bad it can only get better and that no matter what there is always hope. It is written in elvish because it looks cool, I love lord of the rings, and if it's not correct no one knows!

raggiemum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have loads of tattoos.... my alice in wonderland half sleeve has the march hare in it but it's not quite the same, lol.

some really great looking ink here

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat tattoo I got after I lost Stripe and a Rose Arm Band tattoo I got after my mom died.
I wanted to use a picture of Stripe but I did not have any so I got one of a striped cat.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've always wanted a tattoo, but have yet to get one. All I want is a little kitty playing with a ball of yarn on my ankle

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

The pic I have of my tatt is from when it was fresh. Anyway I got my first [and the first of many hopefully!] tattoo last May. It is a horse head with 'Hope' written in elvish next to it. The horse for me represents freedom and power. The 'Hope' is to remind me that when things are bad it can only get better and that no matter what there is always hope. It is written in elvish because it looks cool, I love lord of the rings, and if it's not correct no one knows!
Oh wow, I love it!
I have my first cat's face on my shoulder blade.

I want another one that I can add to (for all of my animals) but I havent figured out what I want it to be yet and my first one as soon as I thought of it I knew it was perfect and I want to make sure I wait for the perfect one the second time around instead of getting something and then regretting it down the road.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I have three tattoo's all of Celtic design. The last one I got which is on my collarbone is an optical illusion. It is a Celtic knot but if you stare at it long enough you can see the outline of a cats face.
Do you have a picture? Sounds really cool and I'd love to see it.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Sylvester the cat above my right ankle.
I really want to get some blue cat eyes in memory of Siam.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two dolphins jumping over each other on my right shoulder blade, that was my first tattoo. I had parental permission at 17 to have that one done. It looks nice still, although I may need the colour done again sometime...

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm planning on getting one of my drawings tattooed on my back this summer. I've been saving up for it for a while to have it done. It's quite large and will probably take up most of my back. Here it is.

It won't be as detailed but hopefully I will find a good artist who can do a good job with it. It took me a while to get it drawn how I wanted and had to use my computer a bit to get some parts to look better.