Originally Posted by kscatlady
Of course, these will be very small and in a place that is easily covered, since I don't know what I want my career to be, so I want to make sure I can cover them up.
EDIT: Even if you don't have an animal related tattoo, share if you want!
Personally I quit counting my tattoos LMAO..... I'm working on a full leg and a full back and love talking or showing off ink.
Animals: I have a horse head, butterfly, and a big horse on my back, oh and a fantasy frog.
In the order I got them:
1. baby bottle with my daughter's name in it (Kendra) on my ankle. First tattoo at 19.
2. Pegasus on my right bicep ( seen a piece of flash, liked it at the time, and got it....have had it redone 3 times now)
third: don't have pic of it but we added a wizard, more sky, more enhanced rocks and some fire under the wizard. Looks good now, only thing I'll have done to it is enhance the color in 10yrs or so.
3. Little cherub type fairy, added on top of the baby bottle.... my daughter got to pick the color of dress she was wearing, and the fairy has blond hair, as my daughter.
4. Little cherub fairy on the other ankle, my daughter chose the colour of dress and this one has brown hair.
5. Fairy #1: my first bigger piece (3hrs start to finish) back of my calf.
6. Fairy #2: side of same leg (2.5hrs)
7. Fairy #3: other side of same leg (3 hrs)
8. Fairy #4: same leg, but on my thigh... covers the front of my thigh from about 4-5" above kneecap to groin. My first 2 sitting one, 1.5hrs for the outlining, roughly 3hrs colouring.
I don't have a pic of this one, but here's what it was based on:http://www.idobelieve.co.uk/Amy%20Br...nwildviol.html
We did some modifications to it, she is wearing less clothes (different top, loin cloth), no flowers on the leaves she's sitting on, different colouring, etc. I absolutely love this one.
9. Fantasy woman/horse head on left bicep
Crappy pic, but..... I've since added to it. There's a ring of dragonflies and stars circling it. Both my bicep tattoos are about the same length now
10. Butterfly and flowers on my breast.
You can kinda see it in this pic:
Yah, I didn't like how my face turned out in that pic, so I covered it. But you can see the redone tattoo #2, fairy #4, and the butterfly one. You can see the butterfly and one of the flowers, there are 2 other flowers that flower along the natural curves of my breast. Significance of this one, I am the butterfly, 3 flowers represent my children and my husband all close to my heart. I will never tattoo a man's name on me, so the symbolism in this tattoo was of great importance to me.
11. Starting of my back:
3hrs for what you see, and that isn't even completed. The fairy has wings, nice feathered wings, if you look closely you can see the top rib of the wings... but my skin was done for the day and too inflamed to continue.
Part 2 will be going back to finish the outline, and start colouring the horse. Part3 Will be colouring the fairy and working on the water that they will be standing in.
I'm looking at at least 10 more hours for the horse and fairy... plus background work. Once completed will be upwards of 25-30hrs total time on my back if not more.
12. Fantasy frog on a bubble: on my thigh below fairy #4.
These are all older pics, I haven't gotten any new ink since New Yrs eve 2007/08. I'm hoping to get my weight back down to what I was in these pics so I can go back and get more work done on my back.
I do want to get a tattoo of a snake, but have yet to get a good realistic drawing of one. I don't want it to look fake/funny/whatever, I want it to be realistic..... not sure where I'm putting it tho LOL.