Pepsi & Mountain Dew Throwback

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone else had these yet???? They are throwbacks to when they made Pepsi & Mountain Dew with only natural sugar.

OMG!
One taste and I was immediately taken back to my childhood, when pop was a special treat that we only got on very rare occasions. And let me tell you, they make the current soft drinks taste like poopie.

PLEASE let them keep these around!!! And if you can buy them - GET THEM! I hate Pepsi as it is made currently, but this stuff is good!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds good! I usually only drink diet soda, and regular soda tastes nasty to me. You're right, soda used to taste so much better!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the commercial for pepsi and it was really groovy. I haven't been able to find the actual products yet to try, but I am very curious because I think that they would have to taste better than the soda made with high fructose corn syrup.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've seen the commercials but haven't tried it yet. Actually, all I've seen was the Pepsi... I didn't know they made a Mt. Dew throwback. I try not to drink caffiene for obvious reasons but I may have to splurge and try one of the Mt. Dews.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can get Dr. Pepper with only cane sugar in it around here, and there is a bottling plant in south Texas that only uses sugar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were surprised to see the Mt. Dew Throwback too, since it isn't mentioned in any commercials. Apparently the word from the inside is that they will only be available through June 30. But you know, LiveWire was a limited thing too, and now that available all year too. So I'm really hoping.
It has to be at least a little less bad-for-you than the corn syrup stuff, and it definitely tastes better!

Oh I would LOVE Dr. Pepper with natural sugar.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I heard part of the commercial on the radio but didnt catch the whole thing. I'll have to look online to see what the new packaging looks like. Neat!
Even the logo is a throw back. We got 2 12 packs of the Pepsi (it was on sale) and a bottle of Mountain Dew (Yes, the label even has it spelled out old school!). We would have gotten a 12 pack Mountain Dew too but didn't see it. It taste like it used to and it was SO good!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

That sounds good! I usually only drink diet soda, and regular soda tastes nasty to me. You're right, soda used to taste so much better!
I've never really cared for Pepsi. I've always found it way too sweet. And I've never liked Mountain Dew. I was always preferred Fresca.

I'll stick with Diet Coke though

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I was at the grocery store today I didn'tknow about this. I have to go back with mom tomorrow so I'll see if I can find it.

I don't usually drink soda so I should be able to tell the difference?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only like two soft drinks, Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper. I haven't drank them in years now, but this thread is tempting me!!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to love Pepsi, then it was Dr. Pepper, and now it's Coke Zero. Hubby is a Dew-head, though. This is the first I've heard but I will look when I get to the store!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we got a bottle of each tonight while we were at the store. I decided to try the pepsi first (mostly because I'm slightly allergic citric acid and prefer to avoid citrus drinks just because my lip swells if I drink to many lol) and I can tell a little bit of difference in the taste but what I like the most is it doesnt have that thick taste! It just seems so much better! I hope they keep it yearround!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely drink pop but now I'm going to go search for some! From what I've read so far, people are favouring the Throwback pop, so maybe Pepsi and Mountain Dew should keep it around.

For the Canadians here, do you remember Pic-a-Pop? It's from Winnipeg but they had a few bottling factories here in SK. They brought that back this year and I think it's pretty good.
Comes in a glass bottle, too.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought both today and could really tell a difference.

To me the Pepsi tasted more like Coca-Cola. Not as sweet as the current stuff! I wasn't a big Dew drinker back when 1st intoduced but bought a 12 pack anyhow. The Dew tastes alot different too. I think more milder, less sweet and cloying tasting. Actually more drinkable-seems less carbonated too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been a fan of Pepsi or Mountain Dew - but if you are, I bet they're great!

The only sparkling stuff Gary and I drink anymore is water, but every once in a while we'll splurge on an Izze soda - fruit juice and carbonated water, no sweeteners at all. I think they call it sparkling juice. ? I LOVE the blackberry.

Laurie