TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Michael Vick in Talks to Become PETA Spokesman
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michael Vick in Talks to Become PETA Spokesman

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
http://adage.com/article?article_id=136403
post #2 of 11
Forgive me but I did not read it ... but it is a perfect match : ie the org that claims to help animals and one convicted of horrendous abuse
post #3 of 11
I don't believe it for a minute! His reasons are suspect. It's a PR campaign to polish up his image and get him back into the NFL!

At least PETA is intelligent enough to recognize that:

Quote:
Before doing a deal, however, PETA wants Mr. Vick to undergo a psychological evaluation for antisocial personality disorder. "We're suspicious this may come from a place of simply wanting to repair his public image, rather than genuine remorse,"
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
I agree with both of you
post #5 of 11
What I find ironic is PETA wanting someone to have a psychological evaluation when they clearly need one themselves.
post #6 of 11
IMO both PETA and Michael need some serious psychological evaluations!

(great minds think alike - didn't read your answer Essey till I posted mine!)
post #7 of 11
This is a perfecat match, since they both love to torture and or kill animals.
Quote:
At least PETA is intelligent enough to recognize that
PETA intelligent?? They are not even close to being intelligent. After all, they want us to call fish "sea kittens"
This is the last thing I need, is stupid Michael Vick telling me how to care for my animals and what type of animal I should own as a pet. The goverment should close PETA down by taking away their tax exempt status. Make PETA pay taxes on all the money thay have, to help pay off the stimulus bill. That would shut PETA up and get rid of them.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Forgive me but I did not read it ... but it is a perfect match : ie the org that claims to help animals and one convicted of horrendous abuse
Absolutely! "Ingrid, meet Mike. Mike, Ingrid."
Here's a funny article about who is worse as far as killing Pit Bulls and mistreatment of animals, Mike or Ingrid. Ingrid won.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ick-over-peta/
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Absolutely! "Ingrid, meet Mike. Mike, Ingrid."
Here's a funny article about who is worse as far as killing Pit Bulls and mistreatment of animals, Mike or Ingrid. Ingrid won.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ick-over-peta/

The links in that piece were even more interesting.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
I don't believe it for a minute! His reasons are suspect. It's a PR campaign to polish up his image and get him back into the NFL!


My thoughts exactly.
post #11 of 11
No matter what kind of tests they do (supposedly) to see if he really wants to help PETA and if he's changed, it won't be good for their image. I will never believe that Vick cares about the well-being of an animal, ever ever ever. PETA will lose a lot of credibility (but from what I've seen around here, they don't have much to begin with).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Michael Vick in Talks to Become PETA Spokesman