Our injured kitties

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A while back, two cats were brought to the shelter with horrible injuries. Once had been seen by a vet at some point as he was wearing a cast on his leg but the other, we are not sure.

After quite some time at the vet, the second cat needed his leg amputated, and the first one needed his tail amputated but they are doing really well.

No before photos are they are horrible to look at, but a video of them happily playing the other day

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are such tuff animals. I'm always amazed at what they can make it through. That little white one is too cute!

I love your siggy. It is all too sad but true!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, Peter and Casper are just precious, especially Peter. I love watching him attack the scratching post. I am really glad the black beauty in your siggy was adopted.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Casper is such a doll! He doesn't seem to be bothered with missing a leg! I would totally adopt him!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my doodnezz!
Another 3 legged white cat. He and Trace even share having lost the same leg.

Trace says he'll never miss it. And I tend to agree; with trees, toys and exercise, Trace is now the fastest 3 legged ani-mule I've ever seen.
(When he's running, all the rear leg does is keep his butt off the floor)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He doesn't seem to miss it and they say he was up and about tearing around the vets within a day of the amputation.

Peter on the other hand is supposed to be on cage rest and not climbing scratching posts, but since it looks like he had his weight off the cast....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
for those beautiful babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, of course,

It makes my heart ache, but I know they're fine (now!) and going to find great homes.

Laurie

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the poor things they are gorgeous, id love to scoop up the lil white one and bring him home with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Are they going home together? That's awesome news!
There wasn't much choice in the matter, it was posted on all their paperwork that they had to go together. We actually had a few people in looking for pairs of cats so it worked out well.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

There wasn't much choice in the matter, it was posted on all their paperwork that they had to go together. We actually had a few people in looking for pairs of cats so it worked out well.
That's great. Two cats are always better than one!