My new Singapura!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not picking him up until June, but here are pics of him.

His name is Firecracker. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Couldn't be any more of a firecracker than a bengal.........or could he?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Nial
He's gorgeous, I've never had the pleasure of seeing one in person we don't get them at our shows.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, you are a showing fool.

He's gorgeous - and BTW, I sent you a PM recently.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness what a beautiful Firecracker, I love the name, Im sure its fitting

Are you going for one of every breed now?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is adorable - he looks to be a good one from my untrained (SH) eye!

I've only ever seen one in person before but have a family friend who breeds them in OZ.

Love the name!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats, Nial! What a beautiful boy. I'd love to see a pic of him with your Bengals, just to see how he compares in size

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHH niceeeeeeee - very typey - who's lines????

And beware of naming cats. Hubby says he's not gonna let me name any future cats! Jackie lives up to his Sparrow name in all ways.........and not in good ways either. He wants me to write a book....Jackie is the "Marley" of Ocicats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Nial, you are a showing fool.

He's gorgeous - and BTW, I sent you a PM recently.
Yep, he's going to be shown! What can I say?

Originally Posted by Pami

Oh my goodness what a beautiful Firecracker, I love the name, Im sure its fitting

Are you going for one of every breed now?
I would love to have 1 of every breed, but that would get me commited. Bengal, Maine Coon, Singapura and an Aby and I'm good to go.

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

He is adorable - he looks to be a good one from my untrained (SH) eye!

I've only ever seen one in person before but have a family friend who breeds them in OZ.

Love the name!
Thanks Sam! As for the name, I didn't choose it, his breeder did. I do like it, but I'm afraid he'll live up to it.

Originally Posted by FerrisCat

Congrats, Nial! What a beautiful boy. I'd love to see a pic of him with your Bengals, just to see how he compares in size
I will definitely post pics. I'm looking foward to see if this guy will run on our wheel. If he does, that will make my year.

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

OHHHH niceeeeeeee - very typey - who's lines????

And beware of naming cats. Hubby says he's not gonna let me name any future cats! Jackie lives up to his Sparrow name in all ways.........and not in good ways either. He wants me to write a book....Jackie is the "Marley" of Ocicats!
He's a Sayang Singapura cat. As I mentioned above I didn't name him, and I hope he doesn't do too much fire cracking!

I am well aware of cats growing into their names as bengals are notorious for that.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous!
Are you going to show him as a neuter or do you plan on getting into breeding Singapuras?

As for living up to the name, remember, he has to be able to hold his own with all those Bengals.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

He's gorgeous!
Are you going to show him as a neuter or do you plan on getting into breeding Singapuras?

As for living up to the name, remember, he has to be able to hold his own with all those Bengals.
Thank-you! He is absolutely going to be shown as an altered cat. I'm not at all interested in breeding Singapura's. I leave that to the experts in the field.

He will be a pet first, show cat second, and either the leader of the bengals or their mascot.
That choice is up to him.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very very very nice Nial...hmmmm Singapura, Maine Coon, Abyssinian....are you looking at the Judging programme?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous!

I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of him when you get him. Those are some huge eyes in his little face. Very pretty cat.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely gorgeous cat! Wow. Just wow.

One of my closest friends owns a female singapura. The cat, named Mika, was a graduation gift from her parents. She later found out that her parents had been on a breeder's waiting list for over two years. Apparently singapuras are difficult to come by, but they were set on getting her that particular breed of cat. My friend had been coveting the breed for years since seeing the breed profile in literature she was reading for one of her classes. From then on it was all she could talk about. But she always imagined working as a veterinarian for years before being able to afford a quality cat. It was a complete surprise to everyone that her parents purchased her dream cat and I've never seen someone so happy in my life. Let's just say she is a very lucky girl and that she was amazingly awesome parents...

At any rate, Mika is an amazing kitty. I've never met a cat with such a personality -- she's very strong willed and amazingly gentle all at once. And boy is she boisterous, energetic, and, yes, even wild! For such a petite cat, she has the personality of a mammoth! She's my friend's baby and it's obvious that that cat knows it. But it's beautiful to witness and I've become so smitten with Mika that one day I, too, dream of owning a singapura. For now, though, that's not a possibility and I love my shelter kitties more than anything in the world...but a girl can dream, can't she?!

Firecracker is an excellent name and I have no doubt that he'll be a firecracker indeed! But I also have no doubt that he'll make an amazing addition to your kitty household. And, for sure, I can totally see him ruling the roost -- he can take a bengal with his eyes closed
. Ha ha!

Good luck with him (when you get him) and I hope you'll continue to share his photos and antics with those of us not lucky enough to have our own singapura to come home to!

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
very nice. Will he be old enough to show at the Raleigh show? If so, you'd better show him if you want us to be on speaking terms.

Top Cat needs a companion to help steal the crowd.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

Good luck with him (when you get him) and I hope you'll continue to share his photos and antics with those of us not lucky enough to have our own singapura to come home to!
Thank-you! I will be sure to post pics and stories.

Originally Posted by Abymummy

Very very very nice Nial...hmmmm Singapura, Maine Coon, Abyssinian....are you looking at the Judging programme?
No judging for me.

Originally Posted by Starfish

very nice. Will he be old enough to show at the Raleigh show? If so, you'd better show him if you want us to be on speaking terms.

Top Cat needs a companion to help steal the crowd.
He's already an adult! He's 9 months. His breeder is taking him to 2 CFA shows in May. I'll be taking him to the TICA Tampa, FL. show in June.
Then to Raleigh, so I'll see you and Top Cat then.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Thank-you! I will be sure to post pics and stories.

No judging for me.

He's already an adult! He's 9 months. His breeder is taking him to 2 CFA shows in May. I'll be taking him to the TICA Tampa, FL. show in June.
Then to Raleigh, so I'll see you and Top Cat then.
That's even better. You can win Best Cat and I can win Best HHP Kitten. You know what they say about aiming high.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Starfish

That's even better. You can win Best Cat and I can win Best HHP Kitten. You know what they say about aiming high.
Wouldn't that be wonderful?

One of the TICA judges who also breeds Singapuras picked this boy out as a great cat for us. She also knows a great bengal when she sees one.
I trust her judgement.
Now it's time to see how Firecracker stacks up.

I'm quite sure your new kitten is going to do very well. He's a beauty.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Wouldn't that be wonderful?

One of the TICA judges who also breeds Singapuras picked this boy out as a great cat for us. She also knows a great bengal when she sees one.
I trust her judgement.
Now it's time to see how Firecracker stacks up.

I'm quite sure your new kitten is going to do very well. He's a beauty.
thanks. I'm sure yours will do well, too. Obviously as a breeder you know a lot more about cats. I just hope his personality doesn't change and that he can adapt well to the show hall.