too soon to see movement?

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok today I was looking at cali while she was sleeping and I can see the babies moving through her belly. I was pretty sure she has two weeks left but should I be expecting kittens sooner? Or is this the normal time for that to start happening.

bellatrix lecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calismom

ok today I was looking at cali while she was sleeping and I can see the babies moving through her belly. I was pretty sure she has two weeks left but should I be expecting kittens sooner? Or is this the normal time for that to start happening.
That sounds fine. Bellatrix's started wiggling on sunday the 5th of april and they were born across midnight 23/24th april! so that was 18/19 days.
Sometimes they looked so active i thought they were going to bust through!!!

Its funny as there was always one lump that seemed more active than the other ones and that must have been our little black and white girl ( i think the only girl) who's eyes opened today....her 4 brothers still haven't and she won't leave anybody alone she's a fiesty little charecter !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok add on after looking at her more ive noticed that her back nipples are swollen. plus she is searching frantically for a nesting spot. the problem is we are moving and have tons of empty boxes around and she is going in them. that wouldn't be a problem except she is picking the ones that are on top of a stack of 4-5 boxes and im afraid it will fall over. i have set up 4 nesting spots in places I find her the most in but as soon as i do she doesn't care for them anymore. Ive heard talk about that feli stuff if I put that around a nesting spot will she be more likely to use it?

bellatrix lecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nesting a couple of weeks early is normal too, I was convinced Bellatrix was going to be earlier than she was and i had her dates wrong as she was franticly getting behind things and had alot of movement.
The weird thing is she kept getting into small spaces then sitting there for a bit and the next day it was another small space and so on...... She only spent any real time in her chosen ( by her last litter, and by me for this one) Cupboard on the day.
Every now and again I'd put Bella in the cupboard with the door open and fuss her but she'd hop out again, I came to the conclusion she wanted to her privacy and she wanted to choose where!

When are you due to move?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the end of june so the kittens will be old enough to move with us.

bellatrix lecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh thats good then. fingers crossed she'll have them at a convienient time in a convienient place....but knowing cats.......

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, sounds about right, maybe a bit early, but not unheard of

You must be getting sooo excited!