Question of the Day - May 1st - Friday

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mops!

Do you prefer sponge mops, string mops or those swiffer thingies?

I like a good sponge mop and hate those swiffer thingies. I can't seem get
the swiffer things to work right.

I would prefer not to mop at all!!! I hate mopping.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like a good string mop. I used to clean apartments at an old job and there was nothing like a good old-fashioned string mop and a mop bucket to get the job done quickly. In my apartment now, I don't have that much to mop, so I have a small string mop with a self ringer. It still does a good job, but I don't have to mess with the big metal bucket and the ringer.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to do it the way my mom does. I get down on my hands and knees with a bucket and a big cloth rag.

In fact, I have to wash my floors this weekend! Thanks for the reminder!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a string mop on the kitchen and bathroom floors because they are tile. However I use a swiffer everywhere else because I have hardwood.
For a real good cleaning I would have to say hands-down I prefer the string mop.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mopable bare floors are 2ft by 7 ft, and 2ft by 2ft, I use a swifer

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly, its always hard for me too choose! I'm in the market for a new mop now and I really can't choose. I really like the sponge mop and feel they may be a little more hygienic than string ones, but then do they clean well? I find they are faster, but one I know bleach ruins them and I can't clean without bleach. I like string ones but I feel they are kinda dirty but I know they really work and get floors clean, as long as you change them ALOT, more (to me) than I would change my spong mop. I have tiles and floors that look like wood but its just vinyl or whatever, I'm not sure.

*Sigh* I really don't know. There is a new string mop out that looks really good, but who pays $25 for a mop?

Sorry about that little outburst, lol!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a sponge mop. It took be a while to find a good one though. With my hardwood floors the mop has to be pretty wrung out before I wash with it but the current one seems to do a good job. I also with get down on my hands and knees with a washrag too if the mood suits me.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hate the swiffers; maybe I let the floors go too long between cleanings?
I use a sponge mop primarily, as it's easy for me to wring out. I don't really like them very much, tho. In all honesty, I just hate doing floors.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a steam mop that has cloths you just toss in the washer. I use vinegar to disinfect and clean.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like the sponge mops. String mops are too messy and the swiffer wet always leaves the floor sticky when I've used it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
String or sponge mops. I have a sponge mop now, and it's a decent one - which is what makes the biggest difference.

I do like string mops better though because they (good ones) tend to hold up to scrubbing abuse a bit better.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
String! I use Fuller brush company. My Mom is a professional house cleaner and has always used them for all her houses. You can scrub and have better control over the moisture. Not too much, not too little. Swiffer has too little and gets too dirty quickly. Sponge mops get too wet for my taste and wear out too quickly.
my string mop!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I use a steam mop that has cloths you just toss in the washer. I use vinegar to disinfect and clean.
Me too, love my steam mop. I have hardwood floor throughout and the steam mop works very well.