TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › California highest unemployment rate...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

California highest unemployment rate...

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I found this article. Out of the 18 cities listed at 15% or higher unemployment rate and 12 of those are in California...one of which is Fresno where I live....not a good thing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate...t-Unemployment
post #2 of 11
I can not find a Job here and I need one really bad.
My city is number 6 on the list.
I will not give up though.
post #3 of 11
OUCH!!! that is terrible Sending out prayers and vibes that all cat lovers get good jobs
post #4 of 11
Seems to me that California and Florida especially were at the tip top of the bubble that burst. Unfortunately that means you guys get hit with the worst. I heard on the radio today that Arnold said he would consider legalizing marijuana if he could tax it to help the state budget. That's saying a lot from a Republican, even a pretty left-leaning Republican like him.

What's really sad is that those of us who aren't there see the numbers and don't see the real people behind the numbers. There is such a human toll, and of course a huge animal toll too. Mega that y'all can pull yourselves up, individually and collectively, and recover from this economic disaster.
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
Seems to me that California and Florida especially were at the tip top of the bubble that burst. Unfortunately that means you guys get hit with the worst. I heard on the radio today that Arnold said he would consider legalizing marijuana if he could tax it to help the state budget. That's saying a lot from a Republican, even a pretty left-leaning Republican like him.

What's really sad is that those of us who aren't there see the numbers and don't see the real people behind the numbers. There is such a human toll, and of course a huge animal toll too. Mega that y'all can pull yourselves up, individually and collectively, and recover from this economic disaster.
Thanks Heidi. I'm in Florida and living it. I'm not going into detail this time because I've told my wah wah wah story before. It does help me feel better when I read well-wishes like yours. Thanks again!
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
What's really sad is that those of us who aren't there see the numbers and don't see the real people behind the numbers. There is such a human toll, and of course a huge animal toll too. Mega that y'all can pull yourselves up, individually and collectively, and recover from this economic disaster.
Thank you for showing such compassion. I am sure that many others besides Rockcat appreciate the support. And veteran TCSers know how EFFECTIVE TCS prayers and vibes are
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
Thank you for showing such compassion. I am sure that many others besides Rockcat appreciate the support. And veteran TCSers know how EFFECTIVE TCS prayers and vibes are
YES - We will take all the prayers we can get. My husband is laid off and I found out that I will be laid off soon too.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat View Post
YES - We will take all the prayers we can get. My husband is laid off and I found out that I will be laid off soon too.
Oh, no. Lots of that you both find other jobs soon.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat View Post
YES - We will take all the prayers we can get. My husband is laid off and I found out that I will be laid off soon too.
I'm so very sorry to hear that! Many and in your job searches, that something pans out very soon!!!
post #10 of 11
Bakersfield is 12th on the list.

At least I have a job such as it is. It is not the greatest one but at least I can survive.
post #11 of 11
Thanks so much Tricia and Heidi!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › California highest unemployment rate...