vampire kitties?

dharma3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kittens are sucking on each other. They aren't hungry, they just ate and I even tried feeding them again just incase they were hungry.

Is there some kind of kitten pacifer? Should I stop them? It seems to be bothering me more than them.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes - it's a comfort thing... just keep an eye on it b/c you don't want the kittens teats getting inflamed. Also, if you have any male kittens, sometimes the other kittens mistake the uh.. male part ..as something to suckle and that shouldn't be allowed to happen b/c it can cause infection.

ETA: sometimes kittens will suck their paws or tails, too, as a comfort thing.

browneyes106

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dharma3

The kittens are sucking on each other. They aren't hungry, they just ate and I even tried feeding them again just incase they were hungry.

Is there some kind of kitten pacifer? Should I stop them? It seems to be bothering me more than them.
I had never heard of kitten pacifers. I did a google search and found this site that sells some kind of pacifer toys.http://www.kittenpacifier.com/

mojaverain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Salem is about 7 years old now and when he gets nice and comfy he actually finds his own nuzzly nipple and suckles himself. It is for sure a comfort thing. The sound can get a bit loud and annoying and his kneading a bit painful. I was told it was because he was taken from his mother at too young an age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dharma3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by browneyes106

I had never heard of kitten pacifers. I did a google search and found this site that sells some kind of pacifer toys.http://www.kittenpacifier.com/
those are the most bizzare looking things I've ever seen, but I have to admit that I was thinking of poking a few holes in the life-like stuffed cat that I keep in the playpen with them and sticking some bottle nipples through the holes. Same concept except I would be using a whole cat and multiple nipples insetead of the one nipple & patch of fur idea they have.

Oddly enough when I mentioned the idea to my DH and DK's they thought I was insane and said something about me needing to seek professional help