all wet diet

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, to make a long story short due to intolerances I temporarily stopped feeding dry cat food for 1 month. now when I offer dry to my cats they pick at it only ating about 2 bites, whereas they used to gobble it down and used to prefer it over wet food. I know wet is better for them but is a diet with no dry food in it alright?

denali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Absolutely - hands down! Throw the kibble out and feed them the wet. Your cats obviously know whats best for their health! If you want to feel more confident that feeding an all wet food diet is the right thing to do - PM me and I will send you tons of info for you to look over!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its fine if you can afford it! Canned is expensive. The only problem I would have (I feed one meal dry, one meal canned) is that when we go out of town for cat shows, I have no one to feed the cats the canned food. I leave out the dry and an extra bowl till we get back and then give them canned.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you $$ wise can do it all canned is way better in the long run IMHO for most cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you guys are right it is very expensive to feed all wet. I have to feed my one girl Instict lamb due to intolerances and the other 4 get Prairie, Tiki sometimes Weruva if they like it that day they are fussy. glad to know though that i wont be hurting their health by not feeding dry. I have also noticed less smelly and smaller poops too!

sweetkara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been doing 100% wet and my cats are fine with it. I usually feed wellness, but sometimes Friskies for a day or two out of the month if I can't make it to petco.

I'm going on vacation later this month and my brother is pet-sitting-- wet cat food grosses him out but he better get used to it! lol

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denali

Absolutely - hands down! Throw the kibble out and feed them the wet.
I agree with feeding only wet, but please, do not throw the kibble out, donate it to a shelter or private rescue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I agree with feeding only wet, but please, do not throw the kibble out, donate it to a shelter or private rescue.
dont worry I wont throw it out, I feed three TNR's outside that i can give it to

denali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Donating it is a great idea but basically what I was saying is get them off the dry....an all wet diet in my opinion next to a raw diet is the most healthiest

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but not as expensive as treating 2 diabetic cats. It is a hassel too. But peace of mind is worth it.