Cat Owner Survey for School...please help

danirizzo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat Owner Questions
1.\tHow many cats do you have?

2.\tHow many people are in your household?

3.\tWhy did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship)

4.\tDo you consider your cat a family member?

5.\tWhere do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)?

6.\tHow much do you spend monthly on cat necessities?

7.\tDo you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars?

8.\tWhat makes you choose the cat food you buy?

9.\tHow many times a year do you take your cat to the vet?

10.\tHow much do you spend yearly on vet visits?

11.\tDo you believe in spaying/neutering your cat?

12.\tDo you have your cat groomed?

13.\tAre you a vegetarian?

14.\tList your top 4 TV shows:

15.\tDo TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy?

16.\tIf you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so?

17.\tDo you let your cat sleep in bed with you?

18.\tDo you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home?

19. What do you value most in life?

20.\tWhat is your favorite movie genre?

21.\tAre you Male or female?

22.\tWhat is your age?

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.\tHow many cats do you have? 6

2.\tHow many people are in your household? 8

3.\tWhy did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) I didn't, they decided on us

4.\tDo you consider your cat a family member? yes

5.\tWhere do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? local pet store,petsmart,petco and online

6.\tHow much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? about 200

7.\tDo you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? I tried with collars....they hated them!

8.\tWhat makes you choose the cat food you buy? ingredients, whether or not my cats will eat it, and what is healthiest for them

9.\tHow many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? atleast 2 times

10.\tHow much do you spend yearly on vet visits? Oh gosh!!I don't know, a lot!!

11.\tDo you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? most definately

12.\tDo you have your cat groomed? Only my long haired cat, Princess

13.\tAre you a vegetarian? nope

14.\tList your top 4 TV shows: Scrubs,My name is Earl,Wife Swap and the Bad girls club

15.\tDo TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? nope

16.\tIf you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so?If they needed my help and if I was financially able to care for them

17.\tDo you let your cat sleep in bed with you? when they want to

18.\tDo you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? yes

19.\tWhat is your favorite movie genre?horror

20.\tAre you Male or female? female

21.\tWhat is your age? 27

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by danirizzo

Cat Owner Questions
1.\tHow many cats do you have? At the moment 2, have had up to 6 cats.

2.\tHow many people are in your household? 2

3.\tWhy did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) Have always had cats in the family, these now where foster cats which we decided to keep

4.\tDo you consider your cat a family member? Yes
5.\tWhere do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? local store, 5 min by car, 20 minute walk away
6.\tHow much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? -

7.\tDo you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? As kids occasionally. Now they only get a collar with a big red bow on christmas day

8.\tWhat makes you choose the cat food you buy? Mainly Cat acceptance, I don't really buy into this food hype anymore. we feed mixed brands.

9.\tHow many times a year do you take your cat to the vet?

Only if they are sick, they're 15 now, so we don't want to vaccinate anymore

10.\tHow much do you spend yearly on vet visits? Can't say, as this depends on the cat's health.

11.\tDo you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Absolutely. Use to volunteer at a shelter- seeing 500 cats in one place does make the point clearer to one

12.\tDo you have your cat groomed? Never, they take care of their own coats. As they are indoor/ outdoor cats I remove ticks

13.\tAre you a vegetarian? No, I try to avoid meat that's not organic, though.

14.\tList your top 4 TV shows: Dr Who, Dr. House

15.\tDo TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? Not really- they mostly aren't that interesting anyway, following a similar pattern.

16.\tIf you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so?

Wanting to have a cat. I would prefer getting a cat from a foster home as they would probably be able to tell me more about the character of a cat- which is important if it is to fit in with the other cats. Am planing to adopt a half- tame grown up cat at some point because taming cats is very rewarding.

17.\tDo you let your cat sleep in bed with you?

Yes, if they want to

18.\tDo you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home?

Yes.

19. What do you value most in life?

Quite a philosophilcal question, that. My health and that of my family, beeing able to persue my interest, having good friends, having a job that intersts me and gives me the feeling of doing somethin usefull with my time.

Probably science fiction, though most science fiction films aren't very good and more about fiction then science

21.\tAre you Male or female?

female

22.\tWhat is your age?

Just wanted to point out that I'm from Germany
, don't know if this will affect your survey.

regards,

christine

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. How many cats do you have? 1 inside, about ten in the feral colony outside that I feed every day.

2. How many people are in your household? 2

3. Why did you decide to get a cat? Companionship I suppose. I wanted a pet ever since my fiance and I have been together. He finally fell in love with Cammy.

4. Do you consider your cat a family member? She most definitely considered herself one and so do we.

5. Where do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? Petco, Target, Dillons

6. How much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? A normal month with no vet visits, about $150 maybe.

7. Do you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? I bought Cammy a pretty dress just for fun and to take pictures in. She was not happy.

8. What makes you choose the cat food you buy? Ingredients, price is a factor, willingness to eat it is also a factor. Wellness is not going over well with Cammy.

9. How many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? I haven't had Cammy for a year yet, just three months and she's gone twice. Most of the outside kitties have gone once to get spayed or neutered, a few have gone again because they got URI.

10. How much do you spend yearly on vet visits? This year...about $700, that's for all of them.

11. Do you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Absolutely, everyone should (except legitimate breeders)

12. Do you have your cat groomed? I'd like to get Cammy groomed, but so far, no.

13. Are you a vegetarian? No, but I usually don't eat red meat or pork.

14. List your top 4 TV shows: The Office, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory

15. Do TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? Definitely not

16. If you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? Companion for Cammy.

17. Do you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Yep

18. Do you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? Mostly, try to keep her out of the bathroom though.

19. What is your favorite movie genre? I like all, but if I had to choose I would choose Comedy

20. Are you Male or female? female

21. What is your age? 23

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. How many cats do you have? 2

2. How many people are in your household?2

3. Why did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship)was a joint decision, we couldnt get a dog so we got cats

4. Do you consider your cat a family member?of course

5. Where do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)?at a shop, depends where we are we use a few

6. How much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? i've never totaled up but i'd go some where in the region of £100 - £150

7. Do you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars?no they would kill me

8. What makes you choose the cat food you buy? i still use what the breeder used

9. How many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? couple of times so far mine arent quite a year old though

10. How much do you spend yearly on vet visits?depends what they are going for as flash cost me just shy of £1200 for her jabs and a massive operation sooty on the other hand hasnt even cost us £100

11. Do you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? yes

12. Do you have your cat groomed?nope do it myself

13. Are you a vegetarian?no

14. List your top 4 TV shows:inbetweeners, greys anatomy, simpsons and hollyoaks

15. Do TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? no we really only get 3 ads - iams sheeba and felix i think

16. If you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so?if a cat needed help then i would want to help it

17. Do you let your cat sleep in bed with you?nope

18. Do you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home?yeah full run of the place

19. What do you value most in life? my family and friends

20. What is your favorite movie genre?horror and comedy

21. Are you Male or female?female

22. What is your age?22

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. How many cats do you have? One

2. How many people are in your household? Two

3. Why did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) I've always wanted a cat for no reason other than I love them. It was just a matter of convincing my husband that he wanted one. He decided to get one so I would stop bugging him about getting one all the time

4. Do you consider your cat a family member? Yes, she's my fat and fuzzy furbaby.

5. Where do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? Target, Petsmart and Petco

6. How much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? $20, about half for food and half for cat litter.

7. Do you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? She has a shirt, but doesn't like wearing it. Her collar is pretty spiffy looking.

8. What makes you choose the cat food you buy? One that was healthy, without a lot of additives, preservatives and chemically stuff.

9. How many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? Once so far

10. How much do you spend yearly on vet visits? We've only had her since december, and the first vet visit was free with her adoption, so I don't know.

11. Do you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Most definitely

12. Do you have your cat groomed? We brush her ourselves at least once a week with a furminator.

13. Are you a vegetarian? I'm a meat minimalist - I believe humans are meant to eat meat, just not as much as we do.

14. List your top 4 TV shows:

Law and Order, Chuck, Stargate, Bones

15. Do TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? Nope

16. If you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? I did adopt my Squeaky. While I'm not against owning a purebred, I couldn't rationalize spending hundreds of dollars on a cat I wouldn't show. Thus, off the animal shelter to find a kitty who needed my love.

17. Do you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Nope, I have asthma. Cat in the bed would be just asking for an asthma attack.

18. Do you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? She's allowed everywhere but the bedroom (keep it cat hair free for my asthma) and the bathroom (because we keep her food in there, and if she were allowed in, she'd chew through the bag and eat it all).

19. What do you value most in life? God

20. What is your favorite movie genre? Sci Fi

21. Are you Male or female? Female

22. What is your age? 27

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi danirizzo,

Welcome to TheCatSite.

Your questionnaire is very comprehensive....
would you tell us something about yourself?
What kind of school are you attending?
Do you have kitties of your own?
Why did you pick a subject that involves cats?

If you have site question, just click my username, send a private message...
I will try to help.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1.\tHow many cats do you have? 2

2.\tHow many people are in your household? 1 (sometimes 2 when I have a roomie)

3.\tWhy did you decide to get a cat? companionship

4.\tDo you consider your cat a family member? Of course! They're my children.

5.\tWhere do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? Petsmart, Petco, Grocery Stores and a specialty pet store

6.\tHow much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? Eesh...maybe $75?

7.\tDo you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? No.

8.\tWhat makes you choose the cat food you buy? Health issues/physical needs.

9.\tHow many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? Once if healthy, more often if not.

10.\tHow much do you spend yearly on vet visits? Lately a lot. I'd guess $3000 in the past year for my two who are both "special needs".

11.\tDo you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Definitely.

12.\tDo you have your cat groomed? No, but I bathe them.

13.\tAre you a vegetarian? No.

14.\tList your top 4 TV shows: Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, The Hills

15.\tDo TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? No way.

16.\tIf you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? Need of the cat (e.g. showed up on my doorstep, someone getting rid of and I can help), current living situation, etc.

17.\tDo you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Definitely.

18.\tDo you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? Yep.

19. What do you value most in life? Life itself, God, family/friends, animals, traveling, laughing

20.\tWhat is your favorite movie genre? This is really too hard to answer as I love them all. I guess if I had to pick just one it would be romance.

21.\tAre you Male or female? Female

22.\tWhat is your age? 32

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
1.\tHow many cats do you have? 5

2.\tHow many people are in your household? 1

3.\tWhy did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) Two years ago I finally got a kitten to fulfill a lifelong dream. I just love cats. Of course, it was supposed to be only one cat. The others just kind of happened.

4.\tDo you consider your cat a family member? Yes.

5.\tWhere do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? Walmart, Petsmart, Petco, local feed store, online pet supply

6.\tHow much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? About $90 for food and litter

7.\tDo you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? No. I actually have a hard time finding plain collars for my girls.

8.\tWhat makes you choose the cat food you buy? I did a fair amount of research on what kind of food is best for cats. Then I chose the best food I could get on my budget. In the end, I feed them what they will eat. That means a high quality dry food and so-so wet food.

9.\tHow many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? Once, assuming there are no problems in between.

10.\tHow much do you spend yearly on vet visits? The first year is $125-150 for each cat. That includes two or three visits for the initial vaccination series, plus spay or neuter. After that it's about $40 each for routine exams and booster shots. I know that's really low compared to some. My vet only charges one exam fee if I take all the cats in at the same time, so mostly I'm paying for the shots.

11.\tDo you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Yes!

12.\tDo you have your cat groomed? No. They're all short haired and easy for me to take care of the grooming myself.

13.\tAre you a vegetarian? No, but I don't eat much meat anyway.

14.\tList your top 4 TV shows: Bones, NCIS, Ghost Whisperer, Waiting for God (British comedy on PBS). I used to watch a lot more of the science fiction shows until they all got canceled.

15.\tDo TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? No

16.\tIf you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? Every cat deserves a loving home.

17.\tDo you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Let them? How do you stop them? Of course, I love having them sleep with me. I haven't had to use my electric blanket at all the last two winters.

18.\tDo you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? Again: Let them?!? They pretty much do whatever they want. I keep the office door closed so that can't go in when I'm not with them, and I shut them out of the studio while I'm working. Otherwise, they have free run of the house.

19.\tWhat do you value in life? My faith. My family.

20. What is your favorite movie genre? Science Fiction. However, I rarely go to a movie theater and can't remember the last time I rented a movie.

22.\tWhat is your age? 56

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.\tHow many cats do you have? 3

2.\tHow many people are in your household? 2

3.\tWhy did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) Grew up with all kinds of animals - just find cats are one of the easier pets to keep and I like showing them.

4.\tDo you consider your cat a family member? Yes, to some extent.

5.\tWhere do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? Petco/Petsmart/Walmart and cat shows.

6.\tHow much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? ??? I have never added it up. - mainly for food and litter and the occasional treat.

7.\tDo you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? No - most cats hate it and I don't even do it to dogs.

8.\tWhat makes you choose the cat food you buy? Quality and because Charlie had a UTI when he was about 1 yr old.

9.\tHow many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? Once - but only get shots every other year now. I go if its necessary.

10.\tHow much do you spend yearly on vet visits?

11.\tDo you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Yes. Tho I did breed show quality Cornish Rex and Russian Blues for about 10 yrs.

12.\tDo you have your cat groomed? No - they are all shorthair cats.

13.\tAre you a vegetarian? Nope - I like my chicken and hamburger too much.

14.\tList your top 4 TV shows:

15.\tDo TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? No - in fact, most turn me off cause they advertise crappy food IMO.

16.\tIf you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? Because I wanted to show a HHP instead of a pedigree.

17.\tDo you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Let?? no - they just do it and we don't mind.

18.\tDo you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? Yes. But the guest room is off limits to all pets - only door that is kept closed.

19. What do you value most in life? My relationship with God and my husband, then the pets and kids.

21.\tAre you Male or female? Female last time I checked.

22.\tWhat is your age? over 21, but under 100....

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by BBDOLL22

weird, I answered to this and now I dont see my answer or a couple people that also replied
Weird! I couldn't post my answer at first. It kept telling me I wasn't allowed to access the page. It finally posted and mine is still there, but there are at least two or three others that are missing now. Also, several others have showed up ahead of my post that weren't there before.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Owner Questions

1. How many cats do you have? 5

2. How many people are in your household? 7

3. Why did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) I didn't decide they have always been a part of my family.

4. Do you consider your cat a family member? Yes

5. Where do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? Online and the petshop.

6. How much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? Probably around $300.00

7. Do you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? No

8. What makes you choose the cat food you buy? Because it's specially shaped for their mouths.

9. How many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? Never unless there is something wrong. Kittens go twice a year.

10. How much do you spend yearly on vet visits? Probably around $250, that's just for vaccinations.

11. Do you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Yes

12. Do you have your cat groomed? I groom them myself.

13. Are you a vegetarian? No.

• Shortland Street
  • Desperate Housewives
  • Home and Away
  • Seven periods with Mr. Gormsby
15. Do TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy?

No.

16. If you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so?

Because the cat was old (senior/vet) or needed a safe place to have kittens.

17. Do you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Yes

18. Do you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? No

19. What do you value most in life? My cats

20. What is your favorite movie genre? Thriller

22. What is your age? 19

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat Owner Questions
1. How many cats do you have? 5

2. How many people are in your household? 2

3. Why did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) I was 11 when we had our first cat and have had cats ever since.

4. Do you consider your cat a family member? Yes

5. Where do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)?
Petsmart,Vet and Cat Shows

6. How much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? Never added it up.

7. Do you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars?
I only dress Cleo because she is a sphynx and that is only if its cold.

8. What makes you choose the cat food you buy? Cleo gets what the breeder said to get.
Coco is on Kidney Food from the vet and Oreo is on food from the vet also because she is allergic. The other must have a good quality food.

9. How many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? I go to the vet alot because I have a cat with Crf.

10. How much do you spend yearly on vet visits? I do not go to teh vet yearly.
I go all the time because I have cats with problems and it is not cheap.

11. Do you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Yes

12. Do you have your cat groomed? I do not have my cats groomed but do have to bathe my sphynx everyweek and clean her nails and ears all the time.

13. Are you a vegetarian? I do not eat to much meat.
I will eat chicken and pork once in a while.

American Idol
So you think you can dance
Hell's Kitchen
Star Trek

15. Do TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy?
No Way!!!

16. If you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? To save it from being pts or a older cat no one would want.

17. Do you let your cat sleep in bed with you?Yes
My sphynx loves to be under the covers with me.
I let the others come under the covers also.

18. Do you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? Not in every room.

19. What do you value most in life? My family and cats

20. What is your favorite movie genre? Musicals

22. What is your age? 41

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cat Owner Questions
1.\tHow many cats do you have? 2, and one foster is coming in on Saturday.

2.\tHow many people are in your household? 1

3.\tWhy did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) I always loved cats, and was looking for companionship.

4.\tDo you consider your cat a family member? Yes, I consider them my kids!

5.\tWhere do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? Food - Neighborhood cat supply store.

6.\tHow much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? $60

7.\tDo you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? no

8.\tWhat makes you choose the cat food you buy? The quality and Ingredients.

9.\tHow many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? 1 for annual, plus whenever they are sick. Bugsy has been to the vet 3x this year, and still hasn't gotten his annual checkup.

10.\tHow much do you spend yearly on vet visits? This year so far, about $400 - his dental treatment will be another $600-800

11.\tDo you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Absolutely!

12.\tDo you have your cat groomed? no

13.\tAre you a vegetarian? no.

14.\tList your top 4 TV shows: Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Medium, Weeds

15.\tDo TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? no

16.\tIf you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? To save a life - my two are rescues.

17.\tDo you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Yes - I demand it!

18.\tDo you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? Yes

19. What do you value most in life? My family, friends, and my cats

20.\tWhat is your favorite movie genre? Comedy

22.\tWhat is your age? 35

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danirizzo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to tell you all I have 2 cute cats of my own. There's Ralph and Corey. It just so happens that my consumer behavior professor assigned me the subculture of cat owners to research, so I was very excited. I'm writing a paper on demographics, media habits, purchasing behavior, and how a marketer would target this group. The surveys definitely help.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cat Owner Questions
1. How many cats do you have? 26 mostly farm cats

2. How many people are in your household? i have 3 sisters than my mom and dad

3. Why did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) i've never not had cats!

4. Do you consider your cat a family member? yes i love them!

5. Where do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? a few things from petsmart but mostly a local feed store and then raw from a grocery store

6. How much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? $200-300

7. Do you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? only marty

8. What makes you choose the cat food you buy? its the best food around here and they have good ingrediants

9. How many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? never except when they all got fixed. wow that makes me feel bad *embaressed*

10. How much do you spend yearly on vet visits? only $200 when they all got fixed

11. Do you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? yes

12. Do you have your cat groomed? no i groom them if they need it

13. Are you a vegetarian? no

14. List your top 4 TV shows: none only get two channels

15. Do TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? no the commercials tend to be for the junk food

16. If you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? the cat needed me

17. Do you let your cat sleep in bed with you? no

18. Do you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? its a barn so yes

19. What do you value most in life? God and my family and cats

20. What is your favorite movie genre?

21. Are you Male or female? female

22. What is your age? 16

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Cat Owner Questions
1. How many cats do you have? One.

2. How many people are in your household? Two.

3. Why did you decide to get a cat? (example: companionship) I've always had pets, and value their companionship and antics.

4. Do you consider your cat a family member? Yes.

5. Where do you shop for your cat necessities (food, toys, and treats)? I mainly shop online, but get some food from the vet.

6. How much do you spend monthly on cat necessities? €60/$80

7. Do you dress your cat in clothes or adorn it with pretty collars? No. He wears a plain reflecting collar with tags.

8. What makes you choose the cat food you buy? Jamie has trouble with food allergies, and now also has to be on a "urinary" diet, so he can only eat certain brands and prescription foods.

9. How many times a year do you take your cat to the vet? Generally twice, but from now on it will probably be three or four times a year.

10. How much do you spend yearly on vet visits? Until last year, vet costs averaged around €200/$265, but I'm now expecting that to rise about 50%.

11. Do you believe in spaying/neutering your cat? Yes.

12. Do you have your cat groomed? No.

13. Are you a vegetarian? No.

14. List your top 4 TV shows: I rarely watch anything but news, though I like Law & Order SVU.

15. Do TV commercials affect what brands of cat food you buy? Not at all.

16. If you were to adopt/rescue a cat, what would be your reasoning behind doing so? I prefer to give a home to a pet that really needs one, and hate to see animals vegetating in overcrowded shelters.

17. Do you let your cat sleep in bed with you? Yes.

18. Do you let your cat roam wherever they want in your home? Yes.

19. What do you value most in life? Family.

20. What is your favorite movie genre? Crime thrillers.

21. Are you Male or female? Female.

22. What is your age? Soon to be 52.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I just wanted to tell you all I have 2 cute cats of my own. There's Ralph and Corey. It just so happens that my consumer behavior professor assigned me the subculture of cat owners to research, so I was very excited. I'm writing a paper on demographics, media habits, purchasing behavior, and how a marketer would target this group. The surveys definitely help.
I hope that you stay around...
this is a great site for all who love cats.
Maybe you can share photos of Ralph and Corey with us sometime.

Good luck with your class.