Mother's Day Gift Ideas

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm one of those daughters that struggle with finding nice, meaningful, or just desired gifts for her mother every year.
Sooooo... What are you getting your mother, or if you are a mother, what would you want for Mother's Day?

Not only is May the month of Mother's Day, it is also my mother-in-law's birthday, so I have to get a slightly "bigger" gift for her (because my hubby never got her any gifts, birthday or Mother's Day) as well as a gift for my own mom.

I usually get them some jewelry, but I'd like to get something more practical or different this year. Ideally, I'd give my mom a day off or treat her to a spa but she isn't the type of person to enjoy that kind of stuff, even if she REALLY needs a day off.

Also, my MIL is in San Francisco, so I'd have to have her gifts mailed to her.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well last year I bought my mom silk flowers and bought a nice vase with pretty marbles on the bottom, because they last forever like my love for her is forever, not just a week (for how long fresh roses last lol). I always do personal, gifts or make her things. Often i make her a card with poems in it and such. It is the thought that counts
Im still deciding what i am doing this year....

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

Well last year I bought my mom silk flowers and bought a nice vase with pretty marbles on the bottom, because they last forever like my love for her is forever, not just a week (for how long fresh roses last lol).
I got my mom flowers for mothers day!
I get her flowers periodically, though. It's nice to receive flowers.
(I can count on one hand how many times I've been given flowers and wish my SO would bring me flowers more often.)

I don't remember which I've given for which holidays but she also has gotten big ridiculous balloons, chocolate dipped strawberries, spa gift certificates, restaurant gift certificates, clothes, perfume, and jewelry. Not very creative, but those are the sorts of things she likes.

My SO has gifted his mom a Netflix subsription, and a Roku player. I think it'd be easier to shop for my mom if she were tech-savvy. I tried giving her a cell phone for Christmas but she wasn't keen on that.

I guess it depends on what they like. A coffee press is a good idea for a coffee lover. A GPS if they like to travel, show tickets if they like shows, a good jacket if they enjoy the outdoors, bakeware if they like to bake, yarn if they like to knit or crochet.

I've just rambled and probably didnt even help you!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^ I actuallt used to buy her real flowers until last year. My silk flowers sit on her desk at work and people always ask if they are real

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just gave her a couple silk flower arrangements last week, just because I had extra at our house.

And it would definitely depend on what they like, that's for sure. My mom loves jewelry... she's always buying it to complete her "collections" so I guess that is always a safe gift, but I'm really tired of giving it to her. She has a lot of aches and pains as well, and I've given her lots of massaging tools and therapeutic items over the years, none of which she's ever used consistently. I'd love to treat her to a massage therapy session or spa day but she's leery of those places and I'm afraid she won't go.

My MIL is a crafty person-- she likes to knit and sew and make clothes. I think she'd like it if I made her a gift myself, but I don't think I have the time to do it before Mother's Day comes.

Neither of them are tech savvy, although I've been thinking of getting MIL one of those digital photo frame keychains.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I don't have any suggestions for your mom but maybe for your MIL you might get her something already made at a craft store. There is a town near me that deals in craft work like quilts, homemade jellies ect. Those are always nice