Curled Ear Tip

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Kasey, my rescue torti, has a slighly curled tip in her right ear. It curls up, not down.

I have known her since she was quite young and it seems she always had this so I wonder if she was born with it. She is 8 to 10 years old now.

I took her out of one of our company's sites about a year ago; I am sorry it took so long to decide to do that but she lives a good life now as an indoor cat; the last 1/2 of her life will be far better than the 1st, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Thanks for giving her a home!
She's repaid me many times of, she often sits and looks at me with an expression suggesting "hero worship", she's my little shadow.

I sometimes actually have to explain to her that I am going out, but will come back, if I don't, she gets agitated.

Originally Posted by Rang_27

Sounds to me like either she had frost bite in the past, or maybe a hematoma.
I wondered about frostbite, too. She had the curled ear from an early age but I don't recall when it showed up. The ear seems healthy otherwise, color is good and she doesn't care it you touch it.

I know if she upset someone, or for no particular reason, they turn her out for the night in our cold winters and that site is not good for sheltter outside. That's in the past, she doesn't "do" winter anymore
, doesn't seem to miss it either.