Really bummed...

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I was looking forward to maybe entering or going to watch a cat show for the first time on May 9th.....but I have to work and there is no way to get it off since one of my co-workers is going on pregnant leave and we will already be understaffed
. Im really bummed because I have no idea when another show in my area will arrive. And also this coming sunday our barn is going to a horse show and i have to work because i didnt find out enoug in advance about teh show to actually take the day off, since i am only working 4 hours.... I know i need to work as much as i can, but it would be nice, in my crazy life to get to do something for fun.... Its just annoying how all the otehr girls i ride with dont have jobs and their parents prefer them to not work while in school, heck i am taking 19 units right now and my parents (mostly my dad) forces me to work, since i was 16, i feel like I can never have a good time, or do anything fun, i mean i am only 19!! Sorry for my rant, it is just really frustrating sometimes, i feel like I cant "live" life like how my friends can....And what makes it worse, is when i work my butt off at school and work and make time to go take care of my horses everyday and I never get "praise" from my parents, its like i cant do anything to make them be proud of me, i mean i guess i could be like my brother who doesnt go to class, has failed i dont know how many classes, has gotten in trouble with the law like stuff that would have been felony, he got a DUI and all he does is get drunk all night and play video games and doesnt have a job....... :::Sigh::: Im really sorry, im complaining again.......this was supposed to be about the catr show and look where it got me?? lol

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Working while in school looks good on your resume or grad school app. Also, it's a nice feeling to earn everything you've got rather than have it handed to you.

I was 19 not-too-long ago, so I understand how you may feel like your life is all work and no play. At 19, I worked part time and my parents didn't help me out financially either. I was lucky to get grants and scholarships, or I'd have had to either take out a loan or work full time.

It'll get better once you have your degree. You can feel satisfied with your accomplishments and you won't be too old to do fun things.
I'm sure your parents are proud of you, but maybe they don't know how to say it or that it's important for you to hear it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Working while in school looks good on your resume or grad school app. Also, it's a nice feeling to earn everything you've got rather than have it handed to you.

I was 19 not-too-long ago, so I understand how you may feel like your life is all work and no play. At 19, I worked part time and my parents didn't help me out financially either. I was lucky to get grants and scholarships, or I'd have had to either take out a loan or work full time.

It'll get better once you have your degree. You can feel satisfied with your accomplishments and you won't be too old to do fun things.
I'm sure your parents are proud of you, but maybe they don't know how to say it or that it's important for you to hear it.
Thanks for your response

You are right, and well I have to use a student loan to pay for school cause I dont get any financial aid, since i do still live at home, but i may be moving out next year....hopefully! I think that is big issue, becasue instead of living in the dorms with other students and not having your parents around, makes it a little harder for me to branch out lol. There are some days i ask myself why didnt I got to Northridge instead
, instead of staying at home. lol.
I cant wait until I graduate!! And grad school is all i think about now, because I want to get into a fairly decent one, not here, but at least far enough i can be on my "own" lol.