The runs?

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten Evie, who is 8 months old, has had the runs twice in the past 10 days or so. Both times seemed to correspond with her getting hold of a piece of human food. The first time she grabbed a piece of pasta my sister dropped and ran with it. This time she shredded a wrapper from my Taco Bell soft taco last night and made off with a piece of taco shell, meat and lettuce and ate it before I could get her.

When should I worry that the runs are something more serious than just eating human food she should not have?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nova gets the soft poops when she eats anything that isn't her normal fare- including different cat foods. I think it's probably OK as long as your cat is not becoming dehydrated from and, doesn't continually suffer from soft poops. Some kitties just have sensitive tummies.

I'd be worried and take mine to the vet if the diarrhea were chronic, bloody, an off-color, or accompanied by other symptoms (lethargy, vomiting, fever, etc.)

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Nova gets the soft poops when she eats anything that isn't her normal fare- including different cat foods. I think it's probably OK as long as your cat is not becoming dehydrated from and, doesn't continually suffer from soft poops. Some kitties just have sensitive tummies.

I'd be worried and take mine to the vet if the diarrhea were chronic, bloody, an off-color, or accompanied by other symptoms (lethargy, vomiting, fever, etc.)
Agreed. One of my cats can get a hold of anything and it doesn't seem to bother his tummy. The other...if he gets one greenie too many he'll get diarrhea.